[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why hasn't anything since the money store come out that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 257.png (108KB, 1201x680px) Image search: [Google]
257.png
108KB, 1201x680px
why hasn't anything since the money store come out that is immediately recognised as /mu/ core or at least part of board culture?
there seems to be more and more contrarians on this board these days, a lot of the people on this board seem to not even like music.
obviously updating /mu/ core would be a big task that would have to involve more than people just posting charts that they have made but i remember when the money store came out. there was so much buzz and hype around it and it just like became part of board culture without an incredible amount of dispute.
why doesn't that happen anymore?
is music genuinely getting worse? or are we getting more picky and less decisive?
>>
File: frontcoverart.jpg (333KB, 939x937px) Image search: [Google]
frontcoverart.jpg
333KB, 939x937px
>>
>>75091787
>money store come out that is immediately recognised as /mu/ core or at least part of board culture?
this was a marketing strategy on the part of Death Grips from the day one
>>
>>75091787
there haven't been nearly as many /mu/core-worthy albums released in the 5 last. i'm pretty sure it's a coincidence.
also, /mu/core is a way bigger part of /mu/ now than it used to be, probably because it wasnt fully developed into what we consider /mu/core now
>>
File: shadowgate-1280x720.png (11KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shadowgate-1280x720.png
11KB, 1280x720px
>>75091787
death grips only became "/mu/core" because it was viral marketed + memed so hard and often by underage fantano drones. It's not good music nor will it ever be. They're gonna go the way of animal collective soon: completely irrelevant and forgotten
>>
>>75092788
why were anco forgotten? i think they are good and very interesting.
>>
Music is getting worse, it has been getting worse, But if you say something they accuse you of being old. or born in le wrong generation.
Music is the most stagnate and shit its ever been
>>
>>75092960
I don't think that music is getting worse, it is that what is more known is becoming worse. So labels put this rehashed/milled music in the spot light, and it is the people's fault for gobbling it up.

Art is the reflect of the times and society. Simple, easily produced music is the main thing right now, and that reflects our society. Instant gratification, no matter the quality.

I could be wrong, but that is how I view the current situation. I just listen to whatever, despite the status quo. You just have to filter through the shit, but there is still great music being made, even in 2017.
>>
>>75093029
agree
>>75092960
technology for making music, as well as the amount of people on earth has gotten greater, which would mean youre wrong. if you wanted to say popular music that i'd probably agree. reasons being >>75093029
>>
>>75091792
underrated post
more people need to download this from the sharethreads, it's a genuine masterpiece
>>
The Money Store was shit.
>>
Things move too fast now
The second one classic hits, another one replaces it
/mu/ doesn't have time for shit like /mu/core charts anymore, because the second you make one it's irrelevant
>>
>>75091787
4chan has gotten much bigger in the last several years, so /mu/ has become less and less its own community. The Money Store is actually a great example of that, Death Grips were mostly talked about on this board but now they're a meme across the whole internet.
>>
>>75092939
MPP didnt have staying power despite being memed. A better choice would have been Feels or STGSTV for mucore
>>
>>75092960
Kek back to re.ddit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.