[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this sounding too harsh on the high mids? https://55chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Folder.jpg (5KB, 200x201px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
5KB, 200x201px
is this sounding too harsh on the high mids?

https://55chan.org/mu/src/1505012985990.mp3
>>
>>75084212
I've heard this track spammed everywhere in the last days FFS
>too harsh
way too harsh
and lower the LUFS jesus, don't fall victim of the loudness war
>>
>>75084296
>I've heard this track spammed everywhere in the last days FFS
i'll stop when i get it right
>way too harsh
do you have a guess on how to fix it? i'm tired of cutting frequencies and getting it to sound muddy and lifeless

dont know what a LUFS is but i like it loud
>>
>>75084404
>I like it loud
It's too loud, to the point it's losing dynamicity and to the point it's clipping. Stay at -6 dB as a peak target until you know what the fuck you're doing, don't level up everything to 0.
Here you'll find it normalized at -18 LUFS (true peaks -10.3 dB) with loudnorm.
https://my.mixtape.moe/opoeob.opus
You'll hear only two differences: one, the volume is just a little lower (but that doesn't mean shit) and two, a lot of headroom that could have been used... is not there. Because you clipped, and you level'd up everything to zero, dumbing everything down.
>cutting frequencies
no, you shouldn't "cut", you should equalize.
>>
>>75084822
yeah thats what i meant. cut, as opposite of boost, with an equalizer. but it seems you have no idea besides "its too harsh and needs some eq cut" it seems.
and ok i'll decrease the limiting.
>>
youre missing so many mids on this whole track imo.
you need to calm down on the kick, i can feel your drummer kicing my fcking head in. act, the rvb on your kit just doesnt suit the rest of the song, very noticably on hh etc.
i can only hear the strumming of your ac gtrs.
>>
File: 1505002434747.jpg (28KB, 283x255px) Image search: [Google]
1505002434747.jpg
28KB, 283x255px
>>75084998
>youre missing so many mids on this whole track imo.
how do i fix that

>you need to calm down on the kick, i can feel your drummer kicing my fcking head in
lol ok will do that. is it mostly on the sub lows, though?

>act, the rvb on your kit just doesnt suit the rest of the song
as in too much drum reverb?

>i can only hear the strumming of your ac gtrs.
its an electric guitar miked to give an acoustic effect bc i dont have a decent acoustic
>>
>>75085060
i would just not use it bro (strumming mic) pretty pointless as it doesn't really add anything beneficial. unless you put it way down in the mix, boosted your mids quite a bit on it (in a nice way, have a play around, maybe cut some hm/h)

>how do i fix that
try bypassing a lot of your eqs and adding them back in, ask yourself "does this make my track sound better or am i losing something" also try not to use solo as much

>lol ok will do that. is it mostly on the sub lows, though?
needs to be way down, start your processing on it again, it doesnt need to be as clicky or suby.

>as in too much drum reverb?
ye, u dont really need much if at all desu, just put a nice rvb on your snare (dont make it sound like fucking rem or some shit)
>>
is this any better?
https://clyp.it/c4xsengj

please compare to another modern rock mix so you notice if the eq is too focused

>>75084822
just checked it and... there is a 5db headroom. past that is the drum peaks.

>>75085153
its mostly for the acoustic pickin sound
i was trying to get a bigger, nice roomy sound but you said its sounding bad so i turned it back down 3.5db

>>75084998
>>
File: 1501618175931.png (15KB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
1501618175931.png
15KB, 225x199px
>>75085153
why did you leave
>>
hey
>>
>>75086263
Hi!
>>
File: ss.png (15KB, 1313x310px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
15KB, 1313x310px
>>75085687
>just checked it and... there is a 5db headroom. past that is the drum peaks.
[X] DOUBT
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.