[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's make a hip-hop album except remove all the elements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: R-24561-1185447256.jpeg.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-24561-1185447256.jpeg.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>let's make a hip-hop album except remove all the elements of the genre that make it good!
what a yawn inducing garbage this album is
>>
is this album the ultimate pleb filter?
>>
I never got it and I never will. By far the most famous Anticon release and by far their worst. It's like the worst of everything you could possibly imagine from the crew all combined into one. Atmospheric production that's better at putting you to sleep than anything else, absolutely no instance of a banging moment in the entire 70+ minutes and with pseudo-intellectual ramblings from Dose One and company. It's not that I'm against experimentation and innovation in hip hop, but this is clearly an example that when everything goes wrong with it. I don't necessarily want hip hop to stay pigeon-holed into its "normal" sound, expanding the limits of the genre is normallly good, but in this case it's like it's losing everything that made hip hop good in the first place. You know, beats, rhythm, fun... Some say this works better as an ambient album which I guess is true, but then again why the need to add the hip hop elements to it? There's just absolutely nothing that I like in this, it's just awful in every aspect. Thankfully hip hop experimentation moved in another direction as this is/was just plain wack.
>>
Actually cLOUDDEAD is the best hip hop album ever released
>>
>>75074232
he's right though
>>
It's Bone Thugs and Harmony but with ambient synths.
>>
I heard this album samples Laurie Anderson
Should check it out
>>
I dont really consider it hip-hop as much as is it more sound collage and ambient drone and experimental ideas, but i fkn love it and it's one of a kind
>>
>>75074047
>album is idiosyncratic
>dumbass rap fans want it to sound like everything else
thanks for reminding me how retarded people are OP
>>
>>75074047
>in this insecure that i dont get it
>>
>>75074897
*i'm
>>
>>75074232
>experimentation has to be enjoyable
Fucking pleb this is probably theclosest the world will get to a hip hop ambient album
>>
>>75075036
>music has to be unenjoyable
reminder that you share board with these elitist posers
>>
>>75076171
>this is what he got out of his post
You've gotta get better at reading buddy
>>
>>75074232
>Absolutely no instance of a banging moment

>Ending segment of Jimmybreeze (1)
>First Segment of Bike (1)

How do you not feel anything at those parts
>>
Jesus fucking christ the state of this place

No matter what you faggots say it's wrong because of your disposition towards music criticism

You're all retards, every single one of you
>>
>>75076317
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>75076317
reddit spacing
>>
I liked it the first time I heard it, it's like your subconscious rapping
>>
>>75076317
>>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.