[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about Van Morrison that makes him the most influential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: weaker.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
weaker.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
What is it about Van Morrison that makes him the most influential person in rock and why is he so underappreciated?

List of people who actively cite van morrison influences.
- The Doors
- Bruce Springsteen
- U2
- Elvis Costello
- Nick Cave
- Tom Petty
- Jeff Buckley
- Hozier
- Niall Horan
- Hendrix
- Dexy midnight shitters
- Enya
- Thin Lizzy
- Sinead O connor
-The pogues
- Paolo Nutini
- Ray Lamontagne
- Ed Sheeran
- The Beatles
- Rod Stewart
- The Band
>>
>>75072956
I find his vocals grating like no other. I wish I could give him a chance after Astral Weeks, but his vocal style just isn't for me. I was really surprised, because I was almost convinced I would like his work.
>>
>>75072976
Well thats not superficial at all. Plus astral weeks is one of his weirder albums. You tried his band and the street choir or moondance? classic r&b tunes
>>
>>75072956
- The Doors
- Bruce Springsteen
- U2
- Elvis Costello
- Nick Cave
- Tom Petty
- Jeff Buckley
- Hozier
- Niall Horan
- Hendrix
- Dexy midnight shitters
- Enya
- Thin Lizzy
- Sinead O connor
-The pogues
- Paolo Nutini
- Ray Lamontagne
- Ed Sheeran
- The Beatles
- Rod Stewart
- The Band

ALL of those are shit besides cave, doors,bruce and jeff
he influenced a lot of shit if anything.
>>
>>75073080
Who cares, most of anything who is influenced by a band is going to be shit. thats not the point. Most people influenced by the beatles are shit and your viewpoint is clearly biased if you think the beatles are shit. Alot of people on that list are good. youre just biased. cuntflap.
>>
>>75073070
>Plus astral weeks is one of his weirder albums
I'm not new to experimental music, but that album is hardly "weird or inaccessible". Perhaps I should give him another chance.
>>
>>75072956
Probably because he doesn't have a very active current media presence, and he doesn't have an image to fall back onto like a brand in the way that someone like Jim Morrison or the like does. Basically, he's not in the spotlight enough.
>>
>>75073135
>Most people influenced by the beatles are shit and your viewpoint is clearly biased if you think the beatles are shit.
only good thing the beatles was their solo careers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI
far superior to anything morrison ever made
>>
>>75073150
well i was just mentioning that it is one of his least weird albums since you clearly find his vocal style inaccessible.
>>
>most influential person in rock
he's not.
>underappreciated
he's not.
>>
>>75073179
I'm surprised, because I'm perfectly fine with Homer Flynn's vocals, Mark Stewart's vocals, John Lydon's vocals, etc.
>>
>>75073176
you cunt. Morrison had the greatest 7 album streak in history.
>>
>>75073251
>[citation]
>>
>>75072956
Its not that people sound like him... he sounds like them. He just taps into that universal soul that everyone has. Love, Hope, Youth and Naivety.

Unfortunately his music seems to have sucked all the joy out of him since he has a reputation for being a cunt.
>>
That's a really shitty list of bands he influenced. And he's plenty appreciated, he was very popular in the 70's and still gets talked about on /mu/ all the time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgkvlSsZiLQ
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.