[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you dance? Like, dances that you learn, as opposed to autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Tango_au01.jpg (83KB, 514x685px) Image search: [Google]
Tango_au01.jpg
83KB, 514x685px
Do you dance? Like, dances that you learn, as opposed to autistic flapping arms around or some shit. Stuff like ballroom, square dancing, ballet, tap, etc. recreational or professional stuff.

If so, do you regularly listen to the same kind of music you dance to, or no?

I do a lot of ballroom and latin dancing, and I enjoy the music when I'm dancing to it but I find I rarely sit down and listen to it otherwise.
>>
I want to learn tap dancing but it's a bit embarrassing cause I used to think only fags danced.
Now I just wanna go with the grove and let my emotions out a bit.
Is it hard when you're 21?
>>
>>75064912
I've never tried tap but I think some studios and companies have lessons for older students just starting (if they have them at all, it's not as popular of a style). Don't know how hard it would be, but for reference I only started learning dance at 21 and didn't find it too hard for partner dancing.
>>
>>75064977
Do you feel like you're into the music during partner dancing?
Or is it more gentle and swaying?
>>
File: giphy.gif (394KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
394KB, 500x281px
>>75064871
>dances that you learn, as opposed to autistic flapping arms around or some shit

You mean like this?
>>
>>75065063
It depends on the music, but typically I feel like I'm pretty into it, feeling it and all, especially if it's a dance I'm more confident with and the motions are secondhand so I'm not even thinking when matching the beat and throwing in moves I feel match the rhythm.
>>
>>75065187
>>75064977
hey so how did you get started?
The last time I danced in high school the girls refused to hold my hand, is that going to happen this time?
>>
>>75065220
I found a club at my uni that got me into it. But there's also, if you're in an urban area, especially in the US, probably multiple dance studios willing to teach newbies. Typically in group lessons you're expected to dance with a bunch of strangers and rotate, so I suggest doing that. People tend to get comfortable with it pretty quick, especially with the instructor telling them to do this, so don't worry, you won't get turned down, and holding one hand is essential. I suggest trying to go to some of those if you can find them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.