[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the appeal of this album. Sure, when he actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Madvillainy_cover.png (121KB, 399x399px)
Madvillainy_cover.png
121KB, 399x399px
I don't get the appeal of this album. Sure, when he actually raps it's great but then there are these huge minute long skits in between every single track whether its a separate skit or one just slapped down right in the middle of a track. He also has these pauses for a bunch of self-indulgent sampling and random noise.

The transition from Accordion to Meat Grinder's beat change is nearly 40 seconds long of just and it's nearly a minute between when you actually start hearing rapping. It's not like he's trying giving you time to digest his "sick lyrics" either, both tracks are only 2 minutes long. And then after that? Oh it's another minute long skit. Oh and then another minute long interlude of smoking noises between Raid and America's Most Blunted. This continues for the entire album and none of it contributes to any sort of story, lyrical themes, even just the ambiance of the album. It's just random shit.

MM Food and Vaudeville Villain are way better.
>>
rap as a genre is a faiure
>>
>>75059005
>none of it contributes to any sort of story, lyrical themes, even just the ambiance of the album
listen again
>>
The "skits" are part of the appeal, at least to me. With the short songs and the skits, the album can't sit still and covers a huge amount of ground in a short amount of time. It's very colorful.
>>
>>75059005
the reason the album is so good is the interplay between the rapper and the producer

this isn't a MF DOOM album
it's an MF DOOM + Madlib album
>>
>>75059005
I personally like them because I'm a sucker for interesting or funny skits in albums.
But I remember reading a comment about a guy saying he took out all the skits on the album. And it because like 25 minutes long.
>>
It's an album that really makes the producer shine, because for a long time the rappers are in the spotlight, though producers do a lot of the work.
Yeah lol im pretty sure it's mostly filler
>>
>>75059005
Production is great and the tracks are short and tight.
It comes together really well, no real weak points and showcases both mc and producer perfectly.
DOOM's flow is probably best on this as well even though I think he's better lyrically on other albums
>>
>>75059005
>>75059291
>>75059625
just because the rapper isn't rapping doesn't mean music isn't happening
>>
>>75059005
I fucking hate albums with skits. Okay, you might add one or two if you really want to, but if there's a skit in nearly every track then you can just fuck off
>>
>>75059005
How can you like MM Food if you hate the skits on Madvillain?
>>
this album doesn't have skits on it
>>
>>75059790
Not OP but I love Madvillainy but even I find the amount of skits in Food hard to cope with.
I don't mind it as an interlude at the end of each track, but in Food there's like 3 or 4 skits in a row in the middle of the album
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.