[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I one of the only assholes that listens to albums still? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1377917932274.gif (1MB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1377917932274.gif
1MB, 330x248px
Am I one of the only assholes that listens to albums still? I'm 22 and I listen to albums start to finish sine as long as I can remember.

Example:
Whenever I hear Highway to Hell I expect to here the opening riff to Girls Got Rhythm right after because I listened to that album so many times as a kid.
>>
>>75045369
I'm listening to SOAD discography as i type this
>>
Has fans of music gotten this low that listening to a full album is considered impressive?
>>
File: sxx5PDf.jpg (25KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
sxx5PDf.jpg
25KB, 500x707px
>>75045369
>bragging about how many times you've heard a shitty dadrock album
>>
>>75045385
breh, that's a great expierence. Their one of the few bands that get better and better with each album imo. And Daron knocked it out of the park with Scars of Broadway, even if it is a bit preachy. I really hope SOAD make a new album.

>>75045416
>"hur dur old music sucks am I right?" the post

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>75045369
I only listen to albums start to finish or listen to mixes/live DJ sets start to finish.
I hate skipping tracks or fast forwarding to "the good bits"... listen to it how it was made and intended... in order as it is.
>>
>>75045401
I always seem to be the only person that does it whenever I get into conversations with people about music. If I'm lucky maybe one other person does the same thing, but hose are few and far apart.
>>
>>75045401
It seems that way.
>>
>>75045557
Almost everybody has at least that one band or two that albums they listen to in full. If you got to know these people they may mention those favorite bands.

yes, A hand full of people dont consider music a hobby and dont seek out full albums and artists
>>
>>75045401
This.
>>
>>75045369
I listen to full albums when I work or if I'm cleaning the house or something. But that's really the only time I can because if my hands aren't full, I'll have to see what's on tv or think about tthat one song that was stuck in my head and now I have to hear it on repeat.
>>
>>75045369
If you don't mainly listen to full albums then idk wtf are you doing in this board. (I don't meant it to you OP, obviously, I'm just stating a fact)
>>
>>75045385

SOAD was a band that I ended up loving out of absolutely nowhere. Besides the singles, I listened to Steal This Album! and I was hooked. The weird thing is I really only enjoy them when I listen to an entire album at once. If I'm at work and listening to Spotify on shuffle or whatever and SOAD song comes on, that's an instant skip unless it's ATWA, Radio/Video, or Bounce.
>>
OP you are literally so unspecial in this unless is a pop album designed to be hit songs with a bunch of filler generally people listen to the whole thing at least once. I'd say it's much rarer to not listen to albums outside of the pop sphere, although even pop rap has an emphasis on nixtapes/projects
>>
File: 1503800075559.png (1MB, 856x830px) Image search: [Google]
1503800075559.png
1MB, 856x830px
>>75045995
>I really only enjoy them when I listen to an entire album at once
>>
>>75046313

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I think it's because SOAD songs usually hit you like a freight train. It's hard to adjust to literally to coming from literally any other genre. If I just listen to an album of theirs, I'm already primed and ready for that SOAD onslaught.
>>
>>75045507
old music =/= dadrock
>>
>>75046935
That's what it sounds like to people that listen to dadrock unironically.

That's the only argument I've ever heard against it.

"lol it's old so it has to be bad lol"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.