[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Boys Noize? Been following him since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Boys-noize-oi-oi-oi.jpg (11KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Boys-noize-oi-oi-oi.jpg
11KB, 316x315px
What do you guys think of Boys Noize? Been following him since oi oi oi came out in 07, but he's never seemed to get much attention from most of the forums I've visited.
>>
Blog house died in 2011 my dude.
>>
>>75029669
Asking about the artist tho. Came out with Mayday last year and I wouldn't call that album blog house.
>>
>>75029616
Boys noize fucking rules. was my favorite artist of bloghouse era and i've enjoyed most of his output (although desu i haven't listened to anything he's put out since 2010).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQ64qPhq0I
vid for the real heads
>>
>>75029721
Nice. I've only seen the video that guy made with Jeffer.
>>
>>75029760
i had totally forgotten about this guy until I saw this video installation at MOCA Los Angeles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuS2hvJH_o4
>>
I just kind of lumped him in with the dying EDM ship. Better than Afrojack et al, I guess, but not by much.

Or maybe, I don't know, prove me wrong.
>>
>>75029802
Is there any electronic you like? I wouldn't know what to link you to.
>>
>>75029802
>>75029826
or w.e. heres a recent live set to show you what he's been sounding like lately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjhYEKmUtxM&t=1555s
>>
>>75029802
boys noize is OG, was pumping out shit way before the EDM bubble, shouldn't be lumped together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvgXf9LwhA
>>
>>75029826
I mean, Warp, Brainfeeder, that kind of stuff, mostly, but anything in the EDM sphere I avoid because that shit's terrible. I made EDM for like 5, 6 years, so I know how much of making EDM is just formulaic shit, it's so boring to make and listen to.

I don't count stuff like Shigeto and Bonobo to be EDM, though, don't get me wrong.
>>
Boys noize is the shit. Apparently Dog Blood is returning too, which should be interesting since Skrillbro turned to hot garbage recently.
>>
>>75029881
Not sure how much you'll enjoy BN then. Most of his stuff is a lot more high energy than what you've listed.
>>
>>75029881
check out ed banger records & boys noize records releases. honestly part of the reason you see it as 'edm' is because edm took a fuck ton of the tropes and sounds from french electro / blog house and made it maximal and corny. You have to put yourself in the mindset of these being "the first people" to make dirty electro shit, it was raw and exciting. I remember the first time i heard Ke$ha on the radio I thought that uffie made a radio hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXlccYcXHAs

it's kind of like how you can listen to old daft punk and without context think it's boring and repetitive like any other dance music - but they INVENTED that sound and the techniques they used are copied everywhere by everyone now.
>>
>>75029924
High energy is fine, I just don't care for very formulaic repetition, especially when it comes to the drum patterns.

At least breakbeat-based music grooves, so much of that kick-snare-kick-snare rinse-and-repeat type stuff doesn't really. Maybe Boys Noize does more than that though? I wouldn't know.
>>
>>75029954
that's the other side of this.. it's not really listening music. you really have to be in a pumping crowd dancing your ass off to enjoy it fully.
>>
>>75029941
Well yeah, I know about Ed Banger records, and while the french house sound is unique I guess, I'd hardly say they were the first to make dirty, electro music.
>>
>>75029954
Check the link of a live set I responded to you with a little higher. Even his mixing skills are crazy good. Tbh tho to really appreciate it you'd need to know his discography, so that you'd recognize where he's mashing up. He really does it seamlessly.
>>
File: 36591b03.jpg (154KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
36591b03.jpg
154KB, 658x658px
>>75029971
>it's not really listening music
It sure ain't.
>>
>>75029899
A new Dog Blood EP with more tracks would be sweet. Skrillex might drop a new album too
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.