[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark-punk's most overrated artist, Siouxsie has left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: thelegend.jpg (91KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
thelegend.jpg
91KB, 525x700px
>Dark-punk's most overrated artist, Siouxsie has left behind very few compositions that deserve to be remembered. Most of her "music" was actually attitude, and therein lies her importance. She was an icon, and undoubtedly influenced bands worldwide. Goth-rock would not be a widespread phenomenon without her. But, unlike her model Nico, she was "only" an icon, and never a musician. Thanks to heavy promotion from major labels since the beginning of her career, she did achieve a bigger commercial success that the rest of dark-punk's emaciated ranks but at the expense of sacrifing whatever little originality her music had. If nothing else, the commercial scam helped give the genre some credibility with labels, which in turn materialized in a broader acceptance of gothic music worldwide. That is what Siouxsie will be remembered for.
Is he right, /mu/?
>>
>>75009181
the man is simply based and there's no denying it
>>
Definitely.
I find it bizarre how certain musical subgenres lead to the fans having such shit taste.
I mean sure, the cure is decent, joy division is great but then you've got bands like siouxsie and bauhaus that are just mockeries of the gothic aesthetic and the fans love them.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.