[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder that if your 25 or older and still play music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: nardwuar.jpg (16KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
nardwuar.jpg
16KB, 450x299px
Just a reminder that if your 25 or older and still play music but didnt make it you should quit and join the rest of society
>>
Jeff Mangum didn't release his first album until age 26. Nice neuroticism though.
>>
nigga i have a job i make music in my free time and in my head during work
>>
>tfw music legends made their masterpieces at a young age

there's still hope
>>
>>75007214
Leonard Cohen didn't get started until 30 something... Granted he was also a talented writer and made something of himself first.
>>
>>75007214
pretty sure that making music and "being a part of society" whatever the fuck you mean by that aren't mutually exclusive. Are you telling that people that aren't making millions should get a day job? if so gee willikers you're stating the obvious.
>>
>>75007214
Why is he called the human serviette? What does it mean?
>>
>>75008171
HE SERVES THE YOUTH
>>
>>75007214
Fuck society
>>
File: 1457325140270.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457325140270.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>75007379
>the guys in slint wrote spiderland in their teens
>you played computer games and were a skinnyfat loser in your teens

all my fault
>>
>>75008456
>Avey Tare wrote Penny Dreadfuls at 17
Fuck my life
>>
i'm 23 can I still make it
>>
>>75008171
Reference to The Cramps song Human Fly and because the word serviette is more Canadian sounding than Napkin
>>
>>75007214
>believing people play music exclusively to "make it"

nice try bub but not everyone is as shallow as you
>>
>implying that you should make music to "make it"

If you're seriously just making music to get famous or something, then you should just stop because I guarantee that the music you make is disingenuous bullshit that only impressionable teens or human trash will listen to. Anyone who has made it, makes music because they love to. Making it is simply a product of their dedication for what they love.
>>
File: leonardcohen.jpg (264KB, 1164x869px) Image search: [Google]
leonardcohen.jpg
264KB, 1164x869px
>>75007214
>>
File: 098.jpg (59KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
098.jpg
59KB, 800x450px
>>75007214
Takes bait

>daily reminder. Stay out of society these people do not like you it's like that forever sorry
>>
>>75008638
if you make an effort you lazy shit
>>
>>75007214
>just a reminder your only worth as a person is if the rest of society has decided to give you money for arbitrary reasons

cool
>>
I made shitty shovelware drone/ambient music from the ages of 12 to 17 but now, at the age of 21, I'm just now having the spark to make a "serious" record. So I guess I have four years to "make it?" But in my mind, making it just means finally making the music I wish I had the ability to make all those years ago. Not about commercial success.
>>
>>75008456
>>75008536
yeah but those works clearly have a young adult mindset to them, they never made something which will resonate in their listeners for decades. you only get that once you're mature and experienced with life i.e. jazz musicians, composers
>>
>>75008851
this combination of image and text is exactly what I needed, thanks. gonna work on my ep tomorrow
>>
>>75009100
>Pet Sounds was made by a 23 year old composer
>>
File: IMG_2333.jpg (59KB, 329x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2333.jpg
59KB, 329x604px
>>75009100
>jazz resonating with people
>fucking jazz
>>
>>75007214
what if you get a stable well paying job and continue to make music in your free time?
>>
>>75009279
I ain't taking this bait mr phoen postre.
>>
>>75008456
Yeah, and then they never released anything else of worth. An album which is pretty good, great opener and closer and everything else is okay for the most part.
>>
>>75010706
That's David Thomas you're talking to, show some respect.
>>
>making music for anything but a hobby

Get a fucking life. You'll never go anywhere. Just have fun making music
>>
>>75007214
I'm 25 but I ain't gonna quit. I'm hecka good and make bomb ass music. Time and patience my good friend. College is gonna be a piece of cake.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.