[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this interface: http://www.m-audio.com/products/vie w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
I have this interface:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/m-track-mkii
And my plan is to re amp
I also have a reamp box
I still haven't had a chance to experiment with it
Anyways, since my interface can be used as a DI box should I bother getting a DI box like the Radial Pro48 Active 48-Volt Compact Direct Box? Will it be better if I use it with the interface?
>>
I guess my reason for asking is that it's not the most expensive interface
But it seems like as long as I make sure there isn't too much gain by controlling the input level, there should be no reason why it wouldn't work well

By the way, I'm using passive pick ups
>>
>>75006191
if what this article says is 100 percent true
Then any of the problems of using an interface as a direct input shouldn't apply to me
For example, I can make sure the ''signal doesn't come into hot'' by controlling the gain knobs accordingly
>>
>>75006223
This is the article I meant to link:
http://www.audioadapter.net/articles/do-i-need-a-di-box
>>
>>75006168
If you're talking about just getting the clean guitar signal into the interface you don't need a DI. A good DI box will probably sound slightly better on its own, but it really won't make much of a difference once amped and in a mix

But since you want to reamp you should use a DI to split the signal to record clean from the guitar and from the amp at the same time. So the main source you'd be working with in the session is the amp tone, the DI is being recorded simultaneously on a muted track just for reamping later on if you choose to
>>
>>75007144
Well right now my purpose of wanting to re-amp is to record quietly at home onto my lap top, so I will save on rehearsal space fees.
But recording the clean signal and from the mic at the same time would be cool to start doing eventually as well
Alright, that sounds good then. As long as it wouldn't be noticeably bad. Thanks for the input.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.