[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard/easy are the various instruments to play? I play guitar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 843436095819.1200x1200-75.jpg (241KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
843436095819.1200x1200-75.jpg
241KB, 1200x1200px
How hard/easy are the various instruments to play? I play guitar but i want to learn new instruments too. Is guitar relatively easy to play compared to the rest? What are some of the easier and more dificcuilt instruments to learn?
>>
File: 1421093059010.png (14KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1421093059010.png
14KB, 530x444px
>>75001866
>tfw always wanted to learn to play sax
>>
keys/piano are pretty straight forward too and a very good instrument because it allows you the play rhythm and melody
>>
>>75001990
What's stopping you from doing it?
>>
>>75001866
it depends on what you want to do. guitar is actually a very demanding instrument if you want it to be. similarly, keyboard is pretty easy if you just want to stick to chords. drums are pretty easy if you just want to keep the beat.
monophonic instruments like brass are harder to improvise with in a pop context because every time you fuck up it's audible and you don't have chord shapes as a shortcut. they are more like singing.
>>
is bass easy?
>>
>>75003880
as it's used in a typical rock group, yes
in general, no -- it's like playing melodies on a guitar
>>
>>75001866
Viper rapper best rapper
>>
>>75005071
aint that the truth senpai
>>
bass is easy

source: bass player
>>
>>75006194
what these indie band bass players do?
most of the time that nu-male just fuck around with A string
>>
>>75006234
Idk the post-punk revival indie bands have quite intricate bass parts
>>
>>75003880
i was told its like skiing in that its easy to start but hard to master
>>
>>75001990
easiest woodwind instrument. go for it anon
>>
I can play drums but suck at guitar, interested in bass tho.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.