[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's make a list of the best electronic musicians of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 23

File: _mg_1085_1.jpg (641KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
_mg_1085_1.jpg
641KB, 2000x1333px
Let's make a list of the best electronic musicians of all time. Starting with:
Grimes
Aphex Twin
Frankie Knuckles
Depeche Mode
The Field
Underworld
Autechre
Flying Lotus
Orbital
Venetian Snares
Tangerine Dream
DJ Shadow
Bjork
Kraftwerk
Daft Punk
The Orb
Yellow Magic Orchestra
FSOL
Massive Attack
OPN
Boards of Canada

Anyone else?
>>
>only one female from the whole list
>>
File: 1461521177926.png (246KB, 731x860px) Image search: [Google]
1461521177926.png
246KB, 731x860px
I like skrillex
>>
>>75001025
>what is bjork
Fine. More:
Delia Derbyshire
Ellen Allien
Nina Kraviz
Miss Kittin
Jessy Lanza
Negative Gemini
Alice Glass
Goldfrapp
Purity Ring
Crystal Castles
Yazoo
Eurythmics
Ladytron
Broadcast
Tokimonsta
The Human League
Computer Magic
Chromatics
iamamiwhoami
Laurel Halo
Chvrches
La Roux
Emilie Simon
Imogen Heap
>>
>>75001109
New Order
>>
John Frusciante
>>
Burial
Stockhausen
>>
File: I CareBecauseYouDo.jpg (19KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
I CareBecauseYouDo.jpg
19KB, 265x400px
CLARK ( aka Chris Clark )
VHS Head
Amon Tobin
Actress
Daedelus
Com Truise
Dan Deacon
Tim Hecker
Ben Frost
Squarepusher
LONE
>>
great list guys. keep it coming.

oh, but remove Grimes.
>>
>>75001109
Yes, bjork is the only female in the OP's list.
>>
>>75002507
Yeah, he isn't very good.
>>
Nine Inch Nails
>>
>>75002507
>oh, but remove Grimes.
No fucking way.
>>
>>75002560
Pls don’t turn this isn’t a grimejerk thread. The door to Reddit is over there.
>>
Odd Nosdam
S U R V I V E
Stars of the Lid/Dead Texan
Autechre
>>
Culprate
Jon Hopkins (inb4 bleeptards jump on my cock)
Koan Sound
Vangelis
John Murphy
>>
>>75000929
Luke Vibert
µ-Ziq
Mr Oizo
Osborne ( Todd Osborne )
Prefuse 73
Bibio
Machinedrum
>>
the chemical brothers
the avalanches
blank banshee
jake chudnow
>>
File: 1349501800356.png (368KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
1349501800356.png
368KB, 350x448px
>>75002638
>John Murphy

Nice. I see you, nigga, I see you. I always forget about Mr Murphy
>>
>>75001025
we need affirmative action
>>
>>75002586
Respect her or gtfo, buddy.
>>
>>75002729
cringey fanbase
>>
>>75002698
ayy. He is indeed a ledge. Really enjoyed this album by him
>>
>>75002837
Oh shit. I never heard of this. I see I've been out of the loop for a min. Good lookin' !
>>
>best electronic musicians
>starts with grimes
back to the catalog we go
>>
Stop trying to turn this into one of those threads.
>>
>>75000929
Jon Hopkins
Shed
Modeselektor
Moderat
>>
maybe we should do a voting poll on the greatest electronic musicians?

we'd kill two birds with one stone. we'd have a definitive list, but that way we'd also be able to see if grimes is truly worthy
>>
>>75003157
http://www.strawpoll.me/13875890
>>
>>75003157
he's not even worthy of being on the list
>>
what about deadmau5 and iglooghost?
>>
>>75000929
coil
the prodigy
ratatat
>>
File: 24gould-span.jpg (31KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
24gould-span.jpg
31KB, 600x371px
>>75000929
>sitting that low to the keyboard

Who you trying to be?
>>
>what is Ligeti
>what is Tomita
>what is Michel Jarre
>what is Mort Garson
>>
>grimes
>autechre

pick one.
>>
>>75003515
Both. You could enjoy the music of both artists. Does this sound like early Autechre https://clyp.it/k4kehpib ?
>>
Kraftwerk
Steve Roach
Ash Ra Tempel
James Murphy
Ital Tek
Andy Morin
Fennesz
Pan Sonic
Ryoji Ikeda
Terry Riley
Jean-Michel Jarre
William Basinki
Throbbing Gristle
James Murphy
Thom Yorke
Ulver
Animal Collective
Jean-Jacques Perrey
Biosphere
Henry Jacobs
>>
>>75001109
>Chvrches
>best electronic artists of all time
wew lad
>>
>>75003989
Stop hating them. They're very good.
>>
>>75004114
Yeah, everyone who doesn't think that an artist is one of the best of all time is hating them.

Although I do hate Chvrches. They've failed to do anything that separates them from any other third-rate electro/synthpop band.
>>
>>75004162
>They've failed to do anything that separates them from any other third-rate electro/synthpop band.
Really? They did actual good songs. They don't have to reinvent the wheel in order to be considered a good band.
>>
>>75003592
nobody would give a fuck about grimes if she wasn't cute.
>>
>thread starts with /Grimes/
>can't take it seriously
>>
>>75003515
>>75004300
this
>>
>>75003249
nah. Deadmau5 isn't nearly influential enough and iglooghost is a just aphex twin for PC music heads
>>
>>75004282
What about her music? There are plenty of cute females but they're not discussed as much as her. Also explain why some /mu/tants are convinced that she's ugly and yet, she gets so much attention.
>>
File: giphy.gif (996KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
996KB, 500x283px
>>75004282
Visions would have been successful regardless of her extreme cuteness.
>>75004300
>artist of the decade
>can't take seriously
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>75004256
You don't have to reinvent the wheel to at least make yourself different or make a good song. Chvrches has failed to do both.
>>
>>75004384
They are different to other synthpop bands because of their singer. How many synthpop bands have singers like her?
>or make a good song
They have a career because of their good songs. They got critical acclaim for a reason. You just dislike them.
>>
>>75003966
I thought all tripfriends must've left by now. Your efforts are futile at this point and sadly you know that too. This board had threads like these coming a long time.
>>
>>75004535
>How many other synthpop bands have singers like her?
Every singer is technically different but that doesn't mean that their music is anything actually different if the instrumentals are the same boring shit
>They have a career because of their good songs
They have a career because Lauren is cute and because they make easily-digestible shit to play at parties
>They got critical acclaim
Speaks nothing to their quality
>You just dislike them
And you just like them
>>
>>75004341
names like aphex twin, autechre and boards of canada are pioneering artists. they did not just create great albums in the 90's but also gave a direction to the whole electronic music scene. of course you can enjoy both grimes and ae but can't write them together under the list 'best electronic artists'. because although 'visions' is enjoyable, still not a match for ae.

she is definitely cute, but sometimes she makes herself look ugly. i never said she wasn't talented but without her looks, she would still be a soundcloud artist. it is the combination of both, her talent and her look, makes her famous.
>>
>>75003592
and yes, this tracks sounds like a sloppy rip off of ae. but ae wrote similar songs in the late 80's without modern sequencers and shit.

also as you guess, writing an original piece always requires more skill and creativity.
>>
>>75004938
what's some ae from the late 80s? I thought they didn't start making music (recorded) 'til '90.
>>
File: roykso-melody_09.jpg (550KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
roykso-melody_09.jpg
550KB, 1000x1000px
>>75000929
>No Röyksopp
Come on.
>>
File: thecke-hauntm.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thecke-hauntm.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
>>75002410
>Tim Hecker
>Squarepusher
Checked.
>>
>>75004705
>names like aphex twin, autechre and boards of canada are pioneering artists.
Sure.
>they did not just create great albums in the 90's but also gave a direction to the whole electronic music scene.
Grimes did the same with her albums. Also you're judging those bands in hindsight. Grimes is too new to be properly judged.
>of course you can enjoy both grimes and ae but can't write them together under the list 'best electronic artists'. because although 'visions' is enjoyable, still not a match for ae.
You're comparing apples to oranges. As great as Ae are, they lack something Grimes' music already has: soul and vocals/lyrics. Their latter output lacks even melody. Grimes' music feels richer and far more emotional compared to the austere Ae. Both artists wanted and achieved different things with their music and both have their place in that list.
>she is definitely cute, but sometimes she makes herself look ugly.
Intentionally.
>i never said she wasn't talented but without her looks, she would still be a soundcloud artist.
She did herself ugly exactly to be taken seriously as an artist. And she has been taken seriously. Without her looks she would be an enigmatic producer like Aphex Twin or Autechre. Don't worry, electronic music is already accustomed to "hidden" artists. See Burial & Daft Punk as prime examples. Right now there are legions of cute soundcloud female artists. Some of them are even cuter than her. Still, nobody cares about them. Wonder why? Because their music lacks the spark of genius of Grimes' oeuvre. They don't have that magic which is impossible to fake.
>it is the combination of both, her talent and her look, makes her famous.
Most great female artists pay attention to their image. Did you see Kate Bush or Bjork's photos and album covers? Unlike them, Grimes doesn't even put her face on her covers. You can't accuse her of trying to sell albums based on her image. Instead she put her surrealist drawings as covers. Hardly a sellout move.
>>
>>75005060
>Grimes did the same with her albums
>Grimes is too new to be properly judged
You directly contradicted herself in two sentences. How did Grimes change the whole electronic scene again?
>>
>>75005085
I didn't contradict myself. The first one is my opinion, the second one is a general statement. Even if it's too soon to judge her influence I reserved my right to do that right now.
>>
>>75005141
How can you judge influence that has yet to occur?
>>
>>75004972
whatever. late 80's or early 90's. still twenty years ahead of grimes. you got my point.
>>
>>75005194
Yeah I wasn't insulting your point I was just worried that I was missing out on some sweet early bloops.
>>
>>75000929
acts I've seen live:
depeche mode
underworld
orbital
kraftwerk
daft punk
the prodigy
the orb
chemical brothers
new order

t. went to electronica shows in the 90s
>>
>>75005170
You can predict it. Also it's not like she's really new. There are already 7 years since her debut. Her influence already started. Some of her famous fans:
Elton John
Purity Ring
Phantogram
Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Halsey
FKA Twigs
St. Vincent
Charli XCX
Tegan and Sara
Shirley Manson (Garbage)
M83
Sleigh Bells
Sky Ferreira
Ellie Goulding
Chelsea Wolfe
Chairlift
Lorde
Haim
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus
Nigel Godrich (Radiohead producer)
Christine and the Queens
Four Tet
Carrie Brownstein
Ladytron
M.I.A.
Adele
Madonna
Lady Gaga (she even hired Grimes' collaborator Bloodpop)
Kathleen Hanna
Rihanna
Warpaint
Lauren Mayberry (Chvrches)
>>
>>75005060
are you fucking seriously comparing the critical accaim of afx to grimes???

obviously you are a huge grimes fan but you know nothing about electronic music.
>>
>>75005256
>You can predict it
But that's not what you said. Plus, the fact that an artist has famous fans doesn't mean that she'll be influential. It's all completely baseless so you can attempt to compare her to AFX or ae.
>>
>>75005261
>are you fucking seriously comparing the critical accaim of afx to grimes???
Why not? AFX got more acclaim but both are on a high tier. It's like saying this diamond is more valuable than that diamond. Both are valuable.
>obviously you are a huge grimes fan but you know nothing about electronic music.
>you know nothing about electronic music.
I posted >>75000929 and >>75001109 and I know many more artists. I'm not an expert but I know something about this electronic music.
>>
>>75005335
>Both are valuable
But they're still not comparable.
>>
>>75005353
They are IMO. It's still electronic music.
>>
File: 7th-plain-4-room.png (760KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
7th-plain-4-room.png
760KB, 584x584px
Luke Slater's 7th Plain - The 4 Cornered Room (1994) is the best techno album from the greatest era of electronic music. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the very best electronic works of the early 90's. Like top 10 good. A personal favorite that has been mostly forgotten by time.
>>
>>75005060
Fuck off james
>>
>>75005376
I'm not talking comparable in terms of sound. One artist has albums upon albums with perfect scores piled on (many made with relatively primitive technology) and is one of the most famous electronic musicians and the other one has two albums with pretty good reviews.
>>
>>75005335
just because you know some names doesn't mean that you understand electronic music.

>they lack something Grimes' music already has: soul and vocals/lyrics.

your own words clearly show that you are far from understanding machine music.
>>
There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread
>>
File: NY.png (586KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
NY.png
586KB, 852x480px
https://soundcloud.com/mxxxw/333am
>>
>>75005441
>appeal to authority
Even AFX didn't have perfect scores on all reviews. His album Druqks was almost panned.
>>75005456
You don't know my brain, so please stop making such assumptions. I understand electronic music on a deeper level. But for me it's important the human element. Ae went too far with their robot music. They forgot to be humans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYeARRyDWk
>>
>>75002729
I’m not your buddy friend
>>
>>75005521
>appeal to authority
nigga we're literally talking about critical acclaim
that's like saying someone makes an appeal to authority when they look at movie reviews in an attempt to find the most popular movie of a time period.
>didn't have perfect scores on all reviews
do you think that you're arguing against me by saying that? You're not
>>
>>75005591
*most critically acclaimed movie
>>
M O R T
G A R S O N
>>
>>75005591
>nigga we're literally talking about critical acclaim
Nigga, you talked about that, not me. See your post here >>75005441 I only said that >>75005376
>>
>>75005669
So >>75005335 is not your post?
>>
Excision
>>
File: Trivial Things.jpg (29KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Trivial Things.jpg
29KB, 500x372px
>Literally arguing over the internet about an ugly hag with a keyboard.

Fucking whiteknights and autists go back to plebbit.
>>
File: enoballard2.jpg (21KB, 320x394px) Image search: [Google]
enoballard2.jpg
21KB, 320x394px
>All these posts
>Not a single mention of Brian Eno

Let's fix that shall we?
>>
Porter Robinson
>>
>>75001046
Wew lad, nice to see 2011posting

>>75005729
Who?
>>
>>75005256
Whole list is either woman or literally gay.
>>
>>75005734
stop shilling your favorite normie EDM artist, faggot
>>
>>75005755
>EDM
>not Electronic music
>YOUR ELECTRONIC MUSIC ARTIST DOESN'T COUNT, HE HAS TO BE A LITERAL WHO, AVANT GARDEN, EXPERIMENTAL "ARTIST" WITH LESS THAN 10,000 FOLLOWERS TOTAL
OK fag
>>
808 state
Mad dog productions
>>
>>75005785
>claiming I said it wasn't electronic music
>using this as the foundation of your argument
get lost, kid
>>
>>75005717
Looky a prototypical average /v/ post
>>
>>75005832
>thread topic: make list of the best electronic artists
>puts up artists who in my opinion I think is one of the most inspired best producers touring/able to see live
>get shit on by retarded old fag still listening to industrial trance or some random garbage
You're the retard here.
>>
>>75005335
yeah.
>afx is the main influence of kid a by radiohead.
>grimes wrote medieval warfare.
both are valuable.
>>
>>75003118
Some people simply can't contain their autistic tendencies desu
>>
File: 2nqbeb5.jpg (53KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
2nqbeb5.jpg
53KB, 800x533px
>>
File: rEGWOcP.jpg (39KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
rEGWOcP.jpg
39KB, 800x533px
>>
File: nigel.png (51KB, 634x311px) Image search: [Google]
nigel.png
51KB, 634x311px
>>75005965
>he picks a random grimes song, not even her most representative
Do you see your strong bias here? Why did you pretend that her best songs like Oblivion and Realiti don't exist?
By the way AFX did crap too: Milkman and that equation song to name 2. At least Medieval Warfare was decent.

FIFY:
>radiohead's producer nigel godrich loves grimes's music
>>
>>75004624
this desu, I just listened to chvrches for the first time yesterday and thought "singer is alright, probably mostly famous bc she's cute. music is boring/average synthpop"

anyone else also tired of the "v instead of u" band name spelling trend?
>>
>>75006379
it was cool when the witchhouse bands came up with the idea. also 'y' instead of 'i'.
>>
>>75006197
>a free Grimes shoutout from a million years ago
>Milkman is a bad song

No fuck you
>>
>>75006197
yes i see cause it was intentional. i am trying to entertain myself. otherwise why would i argue with you. you may love grimes as much as you want but that doesn't change the fact that she is an average songwriter.
>>
TSURUDA TSURUDA

TSURUDA TSURUDA

TSURUDA TSURUDA
>>
don't forget Goldie
>>
>>75006511
>don't forget Goldie
he is already forgotten.
>>
>>75006501
>average songwriter
it's okay to admit you don't understand something
>>
>>75006501
>that doesn't change the fact that she is an average songwriter.
I'm triggered. She's an amazing songwriter. Why do you think people love her songs so much? Because they're catchy masterpieces, that's why. She's also a great producer. Being a great producer is essential in electronic music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmPKqfPauSLt6DWkJ0XUv9iLEQp_iyaJ1
>>
>>75006583
Like your respects matter xd
>>
>>75006501
Now seriously: do you think that a song like Oblivion is average?
>>
>>75000929
OP is right for putting Grimes on top, but where the fuck is Burial?
>>
>>75004282
She isn't though.
>>
>>75006696
Here >>75001359
That list is far from complete.
>>
File: Untitled.png (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>75005906
Your taste is undeveloped and you cry to me for it? I'm trying to help you fix it.

Everyone here knows about Porter Robinson. Most of us have heard a song or two.

I listened to Spitfire the week it came out. I played the hell out of "The Seconds" until it lost its luster. I spent a decent chunk of change (for the time) on a festival ticket to primarily see him perform, even though it turned out to be a disappointing set.

I, for a time, really enjoyed Porter Robinson. Maybe back in 2011 I would have felt that Porter Robinson has been robbed of the critical recognition he deserves.

That was 6 years ago. Spitfire, while great for the time, has not aged well. Worlds is probably a decent album but the lead single left such a sour taste in my mouth that I doubt I'll ever listen to it.

Where you and I differ is that, even when I really liked Porter Robinson's music, I would have never considered him among "the best electronic musicians of all time" — to do so is to put on full display how little electronic music you've actually listened to, let alone enjoy.
>>
>>75006197
you could pick any grimes song and it still wouldn't match up

>that equation song
absolute plebbery
>>
>>75006661
depends on which other songs you compare it with. compared to 'sandstorm' by darude, it is average.
>>
>>75006640
>Why do you think people love her songs so much?

have you ever heard 'despacito'? you should think more before you write.
>>
>>75006880
>you could pick any grimes song and it still wouldn't match up
(You)
>absolute plebbery
>excusing a shitty song as patrician
>>
>>75007017
how dumb do you have to be if you compare linkrel to despasito?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyzTCdxJ5I
>>
>>75007017
What's your point? Music taste is subjective anyway. If people love a song that song is special and did something right. If you dislike it, that's another story.
>>
>>75007061
Is it bait now to think that there isn't a Grimes song as good as Kid A? I guarantee that 90%+ people on this board would disagree with you

>excusing a shitty song as patrician
lol ok pleb
>>
Boy. GIDF is strong in this thread.

>Grimes idiot defense force
>>
>>75000929
she looks like she dyed herself into male pattern baldness
>>
>>75001234
she was cheaper than a sequencer at the time
>>
>>75007109
prove that Kid A is better than Art Angels
>>
>>75007221
I can't.
>>
comparing grimes to afx, ae and now radiohead. who is next? bowie?
>>
>>75007233
Grimes is the second coming of Jesus. You didn't know?
>>
oh I see you guys weren't being serious. Because if you were the only correct answer is here >>75006502
>>
>>75007264
>grimes
>being serious

pick one.
>>
>>75000929
>>75002560
>>75002729
>>75002804
>>75004349
>>75005060
>>75005335
>>75006696
she looks like a troubled little boy, that's why you like her

please sort out your complexes before I have to murder you for touching my son in the bathroom.

final warning
>>
>>75006103
proof of evolution.
>>
>>75007353
i am pretty sure for some reason she is into bananas.
>>
>>75007353
that shit looks too disgusting to be related to humans, I'd say it's proof of aliens or demons
>>
>>75007349
>having children in 2017
you must be the dumbest anon I've yet seen
>>
>>75007233
Bowie AND Prince: http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
>In a year when Glastonbury has paid tribute to David Bowie and Prince, two artists celebrated for being relentlessly creative, individual and fearless, the Canadian singer/songwriter/producer Grimes – real name Claire Boucher – proves that their maverick spirit lives on in a new generation. Grimes might just be the best pop star in the world right now – here’s why.

Grimes might be the new Prince: eccentric, multi instrumentalist, control freak, producer, weirdo, strange fashion sense and a wild live performer.
>>
>>75007349
We like her for her music. It's not my problem if you have a dirty and troubled mind and see a grown up woman (she's 29) as a troubled little boy. Back off, motherfucker.
>>
ITT: /mu/ lists electronic musicians that they've heard of
>>
>>75007109
Grimes has many songs better than that overrated mumbly Aphex Twin ripoff.
>>
>>75000929
>starting with: Grimes

no thanks

BoC should be top of that list not bottom i know its prob not in any order but it might as well remain that way after BoC tops :6)
>>
File: GRIMES.jpg (1MB, 1299x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GRIMES.jpg
1MB, 1299x1200px
>>75007172
Just an illusion. This is a more recent photo.
>>
>>75007581
That list is in a random order, except Grimes. I put her first to make a statement. Female producers aren't respected enough by this sexist board/world.
>>
>>75007612
She looks healthy
>>
File: GRIMES2.jpg (146KB, 551x853px) Image search: [Google]
GRIMES2.jpg
146KB, 551x853px
>>75007697
She recovered a bit after an exhausting tour. She went to Japan and produced some music. It's safe to assume that her fans will get yet another masterpiece.
>>
I hope claire is doing well
>>
>>75000929
remove Grimes, his music sucks.
>>
>>75007772
Her hair's already coming back. Almost right where it was before.
>>
>>75007834
Remove yourself from this board
>>
>>75007638
yeah dude this board HATES Fever Ray and Bjork
>>
>>75008920
Just 2 examples? Also why they hate Grimes?
>>
>>75009076
two examples that disprove your point, why would they dislike Grimes since she's a female if they love those 2 female producers so much?
>>
>>75009091
Perhaps those 2 are older and more established. I would expect /mu/ to really like Grimes but unfortunately /mu/ has no taste.
>>
>>75009128
/mu/ doesn't even really grimes, their supposed hate for her is just an extension of their hate for her autistic defeners
>>
>>75009128
>older and more established
not relevant.
please stop crying sexism when people don't like the woman that you worship m8
>>
>>75009161
But it's actually sexism. One thing is to dislike her and another thing is to insult her, post hate threads, post ugly photos, call her "him" etc. That's disgusting and /mu/ should be ashamed of itself.
>>
>>75009157
>/mu/ doesn't even really grimes
Just what I said: they don't even like her.
>>
>>75000929
Noisia
The upbeats
Jade
Mefjus
Billain
Phiso
Wavedash
Dimension
Funtcase
Technimatic
Marcus intallex
>>
>>75009452
What about Pendulum and Logistics?
>>
>>75002638
>Culprate
>Koan sound

I miss that good shit they made. So addictive and enjoyable. Too bad KS hasn't made anything new in years

>>75002639
Machinedrum is so good. Get deaded remix was phenomenal. Almost beat moody goods

>>75005521
Druqks isn't bad, but it has WAY too many interludes
>>
>>75001046
Me too anon. Mostly the older stuff.
>>
>>75006583
He just had an album drop in June and it was suprisingly amazing. Had some old school sounds to it. Really wish he had a mix of three songs and it was 25 minutes in this one
>>
>>75009492
Pendulum had its influence back in 2005, but 2010 was their best one. The liquid dance floor movement and acts like netsky and high contrast were seen as gods. Granite and watercolor are still great tunes, but they need to return. Logistics is another great one, but Nu logic is a lot better
>>
File: Royksopp_-_The_Understanding.png (227KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Royksopp_-_The_Understanding.png
227KB, 300x300px
>>75004974
you are now my favorite person
>>
File: IMG_2372.jpg (4MB, 2393x3121px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2372.jpg
4MB, 2393x3121px
>>75009501
I liked his latest collab with vindata, but the rest has been hit and miss. Would you ever is just radio filler but it has some charm, and saint laurent is your jersey club trash. At least OWSLA hasn't released a garbage marshmallo song this year.
>>
Jean Michel Jarre
OMD
Gary Numan
Royksopp
Ott
Pet Shop Boys
Klaus Schulze
Enigma
Solar Fields
GAS
Biosphere
Shpongle
Tycho
The Chemical Brothers
The Prodigy
Moby
Perturbator
Ulrich Schnauss
The Avalanches
Plaid
808 State
>>
File: cover.jpg (92KB, 352x350px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
92KB, 352x350px
>>75009537
Cool. Ever heard of Adam F?
>>
>>75009608
Adam f is a great guy, and brand new funk is one of my absolute favorite DnB tracks of all time. Too bad him and fresh made DnB mainstream in the U.K. With breakbeat kaos
>>
MASSIVE ATTACK

AND

SKYE
>>
>>75009582
My favorites are summit, with your friends (long drive), and To U ft. AlunaGeorge.

I just listened to the vindata collab and it's not bad.
>>
>>75009888
My favorite skrillex song is ruffneck fullflex, but his collab with mr oizo wasn't bad as well. Scatta is another forgotten track that I adore from him, but it never went off
>>
>>75003118
OP himself turn this thread "into one of these threads" when he add Grimes to the list.
Low quality bait.
>>
Lorn
Clams Casino
Bloc Party
>>
>>75007094
Even if you are right when you said that music taste is subjetive, there are different ways to value a creation: the concept, the idea behind it and the execution to bring that concept and idea to something that exist.
Pierre Schaffer, a musician that I consider to be an electronic musician, or even the people who take a computer back in the 50´s and create music with it, had just a concept, nothing in the world were made to create the music that they wanted: computers were not suposed to make music, neither field recordings like the ones that Schaeffer produced. In that order, they had a lot of problems to achive their goal, not just creative problems but also material problems that had to be solved and they achive it,and achive it in a great way.
What is the concept behind despacito? nothing, just a shitty song about love and sex. Wich problem had Luis Fonzi when he wrote it? wich concept was behind it? Nothing, just nothing... when you take away the Maya Vail there is just nothing to be seen... to be fair, there is not even a vail... No concept, no ideas, no problems to be solved to achive those concept or ideas.
In this way, I think that even when subjectively you can enjoy music with no concept or ideas behing it, there are objective way to measure why some creations or productions are more valuable than others.
The same thing is with Grimes: she buy some synths, make a few catchy melodies with repetitive drumbeats and there you have a hit. No concept, no ideas, no problems to be solved to achive those concept or ideas.
>>
>>75009416
None of those things suggest sexism either, all of them happen to male artists as well.
>>
>>75000929
Shit taste
Rockists get out!
>>
These dudes are all cool, but let me show you something.

https://totallytubular.bandcamp.com/album/the-best-of-totally-tubular

It's "electronic music" aka I didn't record this with real live instruments.

But...

I am a musician and know how to play these instruments and know my music theory. And I listen to all sorts of music. I never limit myself and I never strive to copy or recreate something that has already been mastered.

Check it out. You might dig it.
>>
What midi controller is that
>>
>>75012330
Grimes' midi controller
>>
>>75000929
Why does she an American flag on her wall? I thought she was Canadian.
>>
>>75012341
Thanks
>>
>>75000929
>DJ Shadow
>electronic
>>
>>75000929
>Puts grimes first
Damn you lost your credibility right away
>>
>>75012539
Be nice to grimes. She's the best.
>>
>>75011017
This OP is a world sized testicle
>>
>>75012548
Mm-mh, yeah, go on, so interesting, wow
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.