[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is most of music from Japan can't be found on streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Flag_of_Japan.png (6KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Flag_of_Japan.png
6KB, 1200x800px
why is most of music from Japan can't be found on streaming services? You'd think a country like Japan would be well aware of how important and relevant streaming is nowadays.
>>
>>74997625
because they know streaming is a scam and would net them no money.
>>
They're even xenophobic about sharing their music.
>>
>>74997625
it's on streaming services in Japan, like Line Music
>>
>>74997625

>You'd think a country like Japan would be well aware of how important and relevant streaming is nowadays.

Haha, most of their major labels' Youtube videos are either region blocked or short versions, when they can easily make money off them by unblocking them. They're idiots, I'd understand if it was a licencing issue and another label is releasing it overseas or something but 99% of the time it's not the case.

Apple music Japan is pretty good though if you can make a Japanese account.

Avex recently put a lot of stuff on Spotify which surprised me, so that's a start. Say what you want about kpop but South Korea are miles ahead in streaming and uploading to youtube
>>
Outside of nerds, Japan is technologically incompetent af. It isn't rare to see windows xp computers and fax machines there, if people have anything at all
>>
>>74997625
>i can't read Nihongo
kys
>>
>>74997665
Do you have any idea if there's a way to download it outside of Japan?
>>
>>74997711
windows xp is good idiot. better than vista and 10
>>
>>74997749
why would you do that? the stuff you want can probably be torrented / downloaded
>>
>>74997695
Japan isn't too keen on streaming, which is why most anime are still released with the objective of selling blu-rays. It's not a country that really looks into that sort of business. Kind of a shame.
>>
File: 800x-1.png (521KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
800x-1.png
521KB, 800x629px
>>74997711
>technologically incompetent
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-17/sweden-gains-south-korea-reigns-as-world-s-most-innovative-economies
>>
>>74997749
you can make a fake Japanese iTunes account and buy gift card codes online to pay.

otherwise, the site Ototoy is fine to use from overseas, but doesn't have an enormous selection. it is good for indies artists and female idols, though, so if they interest you check it out by all means.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.