[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally fell for the meme and listened to pic related. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
So I finally fell for the meme and listened to pic related. It's actually pretty good.
I often hear that it was a very influential album, but what sort of stuff did it influence?
>>
Of course it's good lol
>>
Underground music
>>
Drug abuse
>>
They say this album didn't sell a lot of records, but that every person who bought it started a band, and that's exactly what happened when a record store in Liverpool sold this album to a kid named Paul McCartney.
>>
>>74989808
whoa if true
>>
>>74989863
It's definitely true
>>
>>74989656
Most any rock considered today to be "alternative" is more likely than not directly inspired by this.
>>
>>74989808

Also true of Coltrane whose Ascension and Meditations were hugely inspired by Run Run Run and European Son.
>>
>>74989942
t. beatles fan
>>
>>74989656
Krautrock, which led to the birth of electronic music, which has been the dominant style of my music, in some form, since the late 70s. It also inspired punk rock, so in other words: literally everything that came after it.
>>
>>74989656
Punk, Noise rock, Post-rock, Alternative/indie rock, and a vulgar and deadpan treatment of the topics of sex and drug abuse.
>>
>>74990000
quads dont lie
>>
>>74989863
the album came out in 1967, the beatles already had rubber soul, revolver, and sgt pepper's that year, Paul McCartney wasn't some kid he was one of the most famous people in the world
>>
>>74990427
Paul McCartney was born in 1953. Do the math, dickwad. 1967 - 1953 = 14. Paul McCartney was a kid and he started the Beatles a couple years later. Do your research before you post
>>
>>74990427
>>
File: MOG.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
MOG.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>74990526
>that tfw when you realize how far music evolved in 47 years
>>
>>74990513
>born 1942
already had two better albums than this contrived garbage, pretty impressive
>>
>>74989656
>What sort of stuff did it influence?

If it weren't for VU we wouldn't have bands like Television, or The Dream Syndicate. (And this might be a bit of a stretch, but I believe Blank Generation by Richard Hell and The Voidoids has a bit of VU influence too)
>>
>>74989808
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>74990513
Nigga, you hilarious!
>>
>>74989656
Helped create punk, noise rock, more "deviant" genres.
>>
just got around to listening too, op. was also really damn good. "heroin" has been a favorite of mine since. but yeah, no this album influenced and birthed many genres of music since its release. punk, alternative, diy music and other shit came in the wave of this album.
>>
TVU < WL/WH < TVU&N
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.