[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else remembers when LCD Soundsystem's music took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: c72.png (460KB, 643x629px) Image search: [Google]
c72.png
460KB, 643x629px
Who else remembers when LCD Soundsystem's music took a nosedive in quality?
>>
>>74987111

You just proved that Fantano is the one who took a nosedive in quality.
>>
>>74987167
2010-2012 Fantano was actually a fuckload better than he is today

>Used to spend about 5-10 minutes reviewing each album, the perfect amount.
Now he drags on and on, sometimes taking over 15 minutes, mostly about the band/artist's history. He spends a lot of time repeating the same ideas.
>Used to care way less about the context
Anthony now spends a good chunk of the review talking about what has led up to this album, when albums really should be judged without context in mind. Albums should be individual and complete itself, as they are usually sold and made.
>Used to care way less about lyrics
This one is more subjective, but I don't listen to music for the lyrics, nor do I pay attention to them. The lyrics are not the music, they are poetry, usually, and should be judged separately. This one is more up to personal taste whether you care about the lyrics or not. Still, now he talks about the lyrics twice as much as the actual sounds or songwriting.

>Old fantano
5-10 minute reviews, 95% about the music, 5% intro/outro. Also really comfy

>New fantano
10-20 minute reviews, 40% about the context, 30% about the lyrics, 20% about the musicn 10% intro/outro. Not comfy.
>>
>>74987167
yeah except he really hasn't.

you're just growing up and realizing that A) he isn't a very good critic and B) you no longer care enough about reviews because you are potentially past the point (or getting there) where you feel like you need your opinions validated.
>>
>>74988182
>>74987391

The memes that made his YouTube career destroyed any credibility he had. Plus yeah, reviews are useless to me now, no matter who they're from. Music doesn't always have to be scrutinized, sometimes it's just supposed to be fun.
>>
>>74987391
he was literally never good
>>
>>74989775
but isnt a review kind of useful to see if something appeals to you by reading/hearing about it before you spend time listening to it?
>>
>>74989821
If it's a band I'm already invested in, a bad review isn't going to turn me away from their new album. Plus, I usually disocver music through youtube, or here even. Reviews are puff pieces these days
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.