[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think we should rename "Pop Punk" as a genre to "Poplitical"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MCRThreeCheers.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MCRThreeCheers.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
I think we should rename "Pop Punk" as a genre to "Poplitical" or something like that. Pop and punk are contradictory.
>>
>>74984428
when will you genre fags die?
>>
>>74984584
>Every piece of music sounds the same and cannot be categorized or sub-categorized to serve as a better description
When will (You) die, fag?
>>
i dont really think its contradictory

its the punk sound, not the ethos
>>
>>74984584
this. genre cucks are retarded.
>>
also the punk image

but uh... yeah, counterculture movements get commercialized all the time
>>
>>74984625
nigger please. genre fagging is akin to military code words for those 'in the know' to feel like they are above others and to pigeon hole bands to suit their superiority complex. i can tell you've never created a second of music because anyone that ever has knows genre labeling is retarded.
>>
>>74984625
i bet you think edm, idm and post-rock are a real thing
>>
>>74984795
>I make music
>"Oh sweet what kind?"
>Uhh, MUSIC you retard
>"Yeah but what kind? What sounds?"
>INSTRUMENTS fucking RETARD
Wow man you're really showing me
>>
>>74985105
the only one that sounds like a retard is you my friend. have you ever had a conversation with someone? knowing what they like or listen to and being able to relate that along with other musical acts to what group you are trying to compare them too? you've refuted nothing I've said other than come up with a hypothetical situation that would never happen.
>have you heard the new Widget album
>no what does it sound like tee hee?
>oh it's post apolitical infused pre black inspired ensemble pre modern classical jazz electrical electra bass pain funk wave
>o-oh okay can i listen to it so i know what you mean?
>I'm sorry if you couldn't tell exactly what it was by the genre description i gave you there isn't any point you wouldn't understand it
>u-uh o-okay. well maybe we could listen to it together in my room anon, tee hee
>I'm sure the air regulation is your room isn't up to my audiophile standards as i only listen to reel quality albums over my handcrafted head phones made in altitudes 1000 ft above sea level helium infused wires forged from Damascus steel to float the sound waves directly to my ear drums with zero electrical interference
>s-sure anon. okay see you later
>fucking normie bitch couldn't even hear the music without actually listening to it by my expert genre labeling
>nothing personal
>*teleports into bedroom to brood alone
>>
How were the Ramones, who invented punk, not poppy? Don't get caught up on lame british punk acts deciding punk was about spitting on people and fashion, and forget the forerunners who were about the music first and foremost.
>>
>>74985105
All you need to explain to regular people is rock, metal, singer-songwriter, jazz, classical, electronic, funk, hip hop, reggae, or the country of origin (ie Latin music or Indian music). As fun as subgeneres are, they aren't neccessary unless you are talking to an equally knowledgable person about music
>>
>>74985386
>Caring this hard about an argument in a my chemical romance thread on an anonymous image board
>>
>>74985635
>being so bad at actual discussion and arguing that is your response
get a clue take a shower hit the gym and im begging you to have sex
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.