[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Le Sacre du printemps (The Rite Of Spring) the greatest musical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3666.jpg (173KB, 1200x1649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3666.jpg
173KB, 1200x1649px
Is Le Sacre du printemps (The Rite Of Spring) the greatest musical composition of all time?
>>
>>74978251
Definitely a contender. I think the actual title belongs to Beethoven's 9th though.
>>
>>74978251
its alright. Bach's art of fugue is far more technically advanced and much more pleasant to listen to.
Le Sacre is an excellent piece of music, but after a few listens it loses some of its charm. With Bach you only discover more as you listen, and never become completely familiar with the music.
>>
Is music a meme?
>>
>>74978251
No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvA6FtN8-n0
>>74978926
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqOEd10GdI
>>
Too bad he then spent 3 decades writing mostly crap.
>>
>>74979041
Which one is suppose to be the meme?
>>
>>74978251
it may be the most important of the 20th century, but in terms of personal preference i prefer petrushka. it's rhythmically as innovative without sacrificing thematic and motivic character
>>
It isn't even the best of Stravinsky's early ballets, and not even that remarkable in terms of his whole musical output.
>>
According to his biography, stravinsky's first musical memory was of a deaf mute in his village, who would entertain the children with all sorts of noises.
>>
>>74978298
I much prefer Bachs music, you can enjoy both ways, be easy listening background music, because it is always so pretty and not all over the place dinamically, and intelectually, looking closely at contrapunctual passages, subjects and stuff.
>>
>>74979718
Yes. Petrushka all the way
>>
>>74978251
No, Ameriques by Varese is.
https://youtu.be/Nq8SKwi-ycE
>>
Imagine writing something so bad it started a riot
>>
>>74978251
Not even the best Stravinsky.
>>
Petrushka is better
>>
>>74982077
That was mostly due to the choreography being outrageous and Nijinsky planting people in the audience to stir stuff up. It was a pre-made scandal.
>>
>>74982156
What about the Skandalkonzert?
>>
>Petrushka is better

Imagine being THIS contrarian
>>
>>74982077
Schoenberg had quite a lot of imagining to do as well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.