[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Nuthin' But a G Thang may actually be the best hip-hop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1487013593271.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487013593271.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
I think Nuthin' But a G Thang may actually be the best hip-hop song of all time. The production here is fucking timeless, it still sounds that good. It might actually be perfection incarnate.
>>
That's not N.Y. State of Mind
>>
That's not Sippin On Some Syrup
>>
Literally "muh sine waves"
>>
The Chronic is just timeless in general. It's crazy how an album that came out 25 years ago can avoid sounding dated. A kid could listen to that right now for the first time and enjoy it as much as people did back in '92.
>>
File: 1496880068190.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496880068190.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>74974499
Nah, I can name multiple Kanye songs that definitely have better production, off the top off my head
>Devil In a New Dress
>Flashing Lights
>Otis
>>
Chronic is timeless but 'best' implies the height of something. The genre is already morphing and has morphed into other things. The height of what we think of as 'hip-hop' is probably going to end up being something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs
>>
File: 1494824762198.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494824762198.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>74974618
>mfw niggaz took over
it sounds so cinematic holy fuck
if i get into it hard enough i get spasms and shit

one of those albums where i dont want to be stumbled upon listening to it with headphones
>>
>>74974517
good post.
>>
>>74974499
>The production here is fucking timeless

he literally took Leon Haywood's song and ruined it with shitty rapping. he did nothing with the beat at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoeStB36dic
>>
>>74975120
you're not hearing it all. Listen to both and do an thorough comparison of the difference mixing
>>
i personally think the greatest hip hop song of all time is either Regulators or Notorious Thugs. i don't listen to much urban music but those two sticks out.
>>
>>74974499
The Chronic might be the best album of all genres.

>>74975327
Urban? Are you a white woman in her 50s, still living in the 80s?
>>
>>74975120
Holy fucking kek. I get sampling but Dre literally niggered like 90% of the track. Picasso was right.
>>
>>74974499

I thought it was Still Dre
>>
>>74975120
they sound a lot different

>samplephobia

are you still stuck in the 80s?
>>
Thats not Shook Ones Pt. II
>>
>>74974499
Ok buddy I love the album but The Chronic is anything but "timeless". It's 90s as fuck my man.

>>74975120
I mean maybe if you listened to the first 5 seconds and nothing else.
>>
>>74976548
are you a mumble rap fan who thinks ever decade prior to the 201's is irrelevant?
>>
>>74978507
Only logical explanation to finding the term "urban" ridiculous, yes. I said The Chronic is one of the best albums ever and it's from 92 and am I eating the bait whole right now?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.