[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is doom never mentioned in all-time top MC lists? he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: mfdoom.jpg (323KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mfdoom.jpg
323KB, 1200x1000px
why is doom never mentioned in all-time top MC lists? he's at least comparably skilled to rappers like Nas or Andre 3000 who are often cited, and is leagues ahead of other contenders (kendrick, tupac)
>>
why does he never take off the mask?
>>
what do u guys think is under there?
>>
>>74971860
he feet long walk around like goofy/
speaks to bad bitches picks them up in a hooptie/
whoopty fucking doopty spits on the tip of a loosie/
hands it back vanilla flavored whoopi goldberg smoothie
>>
File: tumblr_op2dj4Fbp91qf5rv3o1_1280.png (754KB, 704x968px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op2dj4Fbp91qf5rv3o1_1280.png
754KB, 704x968px
My favorite rapper has, like, no fans =(
I dunno what it's gonna take for him to blow up, but I've been on board for ten years and have only gotten one new album and a lot of empty promises
>>
>>74972548
still better than what jay electronica fans go through
>>
>>74972608
I check va's Twitter page almost every day
World war V, new triangle offense, Simon bar sinister, track with dj premier, track with fucking psalm one, track with copywrite, music videos that aren't released. I have emails from him saying he was gonna drop new music four years ago
It's torture
>>
>>74971860
goopy noopy
poopy droopy foopy
got mo dookie then nookie hoopty coopy
>>
>>74971860
People for some reason are caught up in the idea that an artist needs to prove themselves to be a chart-topper before they can be considered as a great artist. I think it's just that music critics fall into group think too easily and don't want to break the mold. Not to go full Scaruffi, but it really is insane that The Beatles and Michael Jackson are thought of as some of the greatest artists of the past century just because they had massive album sales. No one seems to want to challenge that idea.
>>
>>74971860
>shaba shooby kooky looly playing xbox one
>baba booby tooky zooly it sure is fun
>>
give it like 6 mo-1 year you'll be completely over MF DOOM
>>
He's probably the best rapper alive, at least. Yet, I'm okay with him not getting recognized by the mainstream critics. I don't think he cares even.
>>
>>74973583
the beatles are considered great not because they sold lots of records, but because they created rock music as we know it today. but it is true that the majority of criticism today amounts to record label PR, especially for older brands
>>
>>74972414
A rather ugly brother with flows that's gorgeus
>>
>>74971874
this is the answer to OPs question
>>
His latest collabs just prove his peak was mad villain

Leave the man be
>>
>>74971874
it would be extremely painful to take off
>>
IMO it has little to do with his skill. I'm sure rappers like nas and Kendrick would cosign DOOM's ability.

What separates DOOM from Jay, Kendrick, Em, Nas, 3K, etc is that those guys have done more than be lyrically impressive. It's their impact on each person's personhood (for lack of a better term) why we hold them to the highest tier. 3K did a lot for the south. Em did a lot for white people. Jay and Nas and even Kendrick tell stories in ways that people can't express themselves, but can point to and say "that's what I mean". DOOM is simply musically intriguing, which still deserves respect.
>>
>>74976260
I want a legitimate three stacks solo album damn it
>>
>>74971860
doritos cheetos and fritos
>>
>>74976139
he's a big guy
>>
>>74976504
UUUU
>>
Tripping off the beat kinda, dripping off the meat grinder
Heat niner, pimping, stripping, soft sweet minor
China was a neat signer, trouble with the script
Digits double dipped, bubble lipped, subtle lisp midget
Borderline schizo, sort of fine tits though
Pour the wine, whore to grind, quarter to nine, let's go
Ever since ten eleven, glad she made a brethren
Then it's last down, seven alligator seven, at the gates of heaven
Knocking, no answer, slow dancer, hopeless romancer, dopest flow stanzas
>>
DOOP PLOOB SHOOP MA FROOT LOOPS
>>
>>74972498
>>74973037
>>74973624
>>74976492
>>74978036
Wait a minute.....
These aren't real DOOM lyrics.
>>
Is there much like him? I'm a complete rap pleb but i really really like MF.

I've listened to Illmatic and some Eminem stuff and that's literally it
>>
Ayy nigga on this xani skrt
Nigga eatin it like candy
Nigga
Nigga
I dont know my daddy
Skrrt skrrt
Worth about tree fiddy
Nigga nigga nigga nigga
>>
>>74978260
sadly doom is one of a kind. closest things I can think of:

ghostface killah's fishscale (lots of j dilla production as well)
aquemini by outkast
uneven compromise by lil ugly mane

if you just like the general vibe of villain albums:

midnight marauders - tribe called quest
breaking atoms - main source
donuts - j dilla
below the heavens - blu & exile

and then just listen to other artists on stone's throw too of course
>>
>>74971860
SHOOPY MISTER WOBBLY
GREASY HAIR LIKE MOWGLI
>>
>>74971860
He's in my top 5, personally
>>
>>74978260
Check out Aesop Rock, flows are a bit more consistent and on-beat, not so much crazy rhyming schemes, but he's still very technical
>>
>>74972748

autusm
>>
>>74978208
"Doritos, cheetos, and fritos" is a legit lyric though. It's from Accordion
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.