[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite pop punk/emo albums, /mu/? This is my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Say_Anything_Is_a_Real_Boy[1].png (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Say_Anything_Is_a_Real_Boy[1].png
113KB, 300x300px
What are your favorite pop punk/emo albums, /mu/? This is my favorite. Its self awareness and tongue in cheek sensibility help make it one of the more elevated works in the genre, I think. There's still plenty of angst there to serve the purpose, but even when he's raging against poseurs like in Admit It!, he's attacking himself.

I think the genre actually has a lot to offer beyond just nostalgia. I think it will be remembered more fondly in the next few years.
>>
File: 2351603.jpg (215KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2351603.jpg
215KB, 500x500px
>>74971521
>>
>>74971537
I don't think I've ever heard this, actually. Checking it out now.
>>
>>74971537
>>74971588
This is definitely more goth than I was expecting, but also almost a wagnerian rock element or something? I don't know, it's very theatrical.
>>
uuuuuuggghhhhh I hate Say Anything. I saw them in 2006(?) with mewithoutYou. Hated it. Saw them again a yearish ago with mewithoutYou again (I really really like mwY) and hated it again. The vibe is extremely tryhard, and how the shit can you respect a man who, at the age of 32, thinks "we don't give a damn what they say" is a good line???
>>
Pop punk and emo pop aren't emo
>>
>>74971741
Bemis has legitimate mental issues and his live performances are extremely hit or miss. I've seen great shows from them and terrible ones, it depends on what part of the tour he's on, as he goes he drinks/drugs more and becomes incoherent.

I don't really think most of their stuff after Is a Real Boy is very good, I think they grew out of the style, but the album itself is fucking amazing.

I also love mewithoutYou, by the way. Saw them a few months ago.

>>74971859
Are we still doing this in 2017
>>
File: IMG_0061.jpg (22KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0061.jpg
22KB, 220x220px
>>
In no particular order same favorites are:

• Mineral - The Power of Failing
• Saves The Day - Through Being Cool
• Tigers Jaw - S/T
>>
>>74972033
'CAUSE I FEEL SO MAD
I FEEL SO ANGRY
I FEEL SO CALLOUS
SO LOST CONFUSED AGAIN
>>
Literally everything by Modern Baseball.
>>
>>
Here's an obligatory Matt Diamond post, then

Matt Diamond is a rapist and likely only claimed disphoria for image

Fuck Matt Diamond, fuck his jokey fake new name/identity that delegitimizes the identity's of actual transpeople, and fuck people that still support him.
>>
>>74972330
fuck you
>>
>>74972330
>obscure drama
Are you the accuser?
>>
>>74972396
He literally raped a minor

>>74972415
>obscure
>everyone who plays in bands, books, or even attends shows is blowing it up
>>
>>74972535
Maybe in Philly specifically, retard. Dude barely comes up when you google him.
>>
>>74972586
Jank was literally the biggest buzzband in this scene before he was outted lol

You're just out of touch
>>
Best pop punk band out there right now is Direct Hit!.
>>
>>74972535
>he raped someone
Evidence??
He admitted something consensual happened a couple times and he's not in jail. What, are you pissed that a fat bastard in a band got laid and you didn't? Are you so easily swayed by random rumours? Kys
>>
>>74972831
>not realizing this is the person who accused him of rape or her friend
>>
>>74971521
I love this album, and Baseball by Say Anything. Every other album I've heard left me unimpressed. It's closer to post hardcore, but I will die claiming that MCR's debut album was unironically amazing. And so was a lot of stuff by The Used.
>>
I listen to this album with headphones in my car.
>>
File: topsters2 (2).png (832KB, 1720x1620px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).png
832KB, 1720x1620px
>>
>>74973357
I like a lot of this but
>Wavves
why
>>
>>74972330
holy shit fuck off this has literally nothing to do with the thread you dumb cunt
>>
two knights just released a new ep and all of my fellow emotional boys should check it out
>>
I'm really digging the new Sorority Noise album. New Neck Deep was pretty good too. If you haven't already checked out Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties do it, especially if you liked The Wonder Years. Currently listening to some Panuccis Pizza
>>
My favorite this year is Greatest Hits by Remo Drive and last year was Cardinal by Pinegrove
>>
>>74973947
wtf i didn't know about this

i've got no idea how i like them so much, his voice is the exact kind i hate but it's got a certain charm to it and fits the music absolutely perfectly
>>
The smith street band released a new album this year aswell. A few hits and a few misses but Rosenstock produced it
>>
>>74971521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eO5WC3_HU&ab_channel=MINIONSINBLACK
>>
File: somekindofcadwallader.jpg (624KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
somekindofcadwallader.jpg
624KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: 1428974132604.gif (1006KB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
1428974132604.gif
1006KB, 256x199px
>>74975083
>smith street band

Fuck yes! Good taste anon.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.