[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your favorite "i'm a college-aged hipster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cyhsy.jpg (460KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cyhsy.jpg
460KB, 1000x1000px
what's your favorite "i'm a college-aged hipster attending an prestigious university in the mid-2000s also my dad's a lawyer but i feel guilty about my wealth" album?

mine's either this or the unicorns
>>
Dirty Projectors is good too
>>
>>74962976
Smiths or Nick Drake
>>
What the fuck is this post? I smell projection

>feeling guilty for being rich

Fucking white people.
>>
>>74962976
that's a good album. I always liked it, but I'm only upper middle class and I went to two mid tier schools (University of Colorado at Boulder, Boston University).
>>
Funeral
>>
>>74963135
DP were part of the animal collective group a few years back, doesn't match that description well enough
>>
lil peep
>>
>>74963247
of course not everyone who likes that album fits the mold, i just mean albums that people like that would stereotypically enjoy

i like that album a lot and i have no higher education and work retail
>>
any 00s indie band with a name consisting of three or more words e.g. Broken Social Scene, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>>
>>74963160
wrong. That's what these people listen to when they want to feel culturally relevant. The Smiths and Nick Drake actually contributed to music pretty significantly for their time. Spawned many imitators, innovated, and were good song writers. Bands like those in the OP are a dime a dozen, pretty much all tend to go through the same phases of development as artists, and inevitably cash-in at some point. Occasionally they will write some good songs or put out a good album. But the sampling rate is very low. Maybe 1 in every 20 will achieve that. Their songwriting is not good enough on its own to carry the lack of innovation either. OP pretty much hit the nail on the head for once.
>>
>>74963388
>The Smiths contributed to music pretty significantly and is better than Clap Your Hands
just stop listening to music at this point holy shit
>>
>>74963422
lol are you out of your fucking skull? where do you think every reverb laden jangly guitar band of the 00's and 10's got their sound from? Johnny Marr did a lot as far as guitar production in music is concerned, and his playstyle is still being copied ridiculously frequently to this day. Essentially no one was playing guitar that way until the Smiths came around.
>>
>>74963388
Sorry man but no hes totally right. Sorry if it cuts into your favorites
>>
>>74963520
>jangly guitar
The Byrds and R.E.M, next question
>>
>>74962976
back when pitchfork decided what we liked
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.