[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THEY'RE SO RIGHT I NEVER REALIZED YOU COULD EVER MIX ROCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

THEY'RE SO RIGHT I NEVER REALIZED YOU COULD EVER MIX ROCK AND DANCE MUSIC BEFORE LCD SOUNDSYSTEM CAME ABOUT
>>
>>74959777
Do we need to have this thread every day?
>>
>>74959794
Maybe, bitch. Will that be a problem?
>>
>>74959794
You some kinda bitch?
>>
>>74959777

Calm down, sperg. Nice trips.
>>
>what is Portishead
>Who is DJ Shadow
>What is Massive Attack
>>
>>74959777
Fuckin idiots, radiohead did it first and better. Hell even they werent pioneer's in the idea just in size and popularity
>>
>>74959812
It's a little obnoxious, yes.
>>
>>74959829
>Fuckin idiots, radiohead did it first and better.
Electronic =/= dance music
>>
>>74959843
t. Butthurt LCDFag
>>
>>74959824
Portishead's lead is a woman so of course the media will ignore her and praise male leads instead.
>>
>>74959847
Lmao okay. So Radiohead made fucking techno and house records then?
>>
>>74959777
I just got done listening to it a while ago and to be completely honest I liked it a lot
>>
>>74959777
I'm tired of people acting like rock and other forms of music are that different. Rock and Hip-Hop have so much in common, now more than ever. Lil Uzi Vert sounds more like Panic! At the Disco than say, Mobb Deep.
>>
>>74959824
>What is New Order?
>What is Primal Scream?
>What is Achtung Baby-era U2?
>What is The Stone Roses
>What is the Happy Mondays
>What is Saint Etienne?
>>
iso new album link
>>
>>74959853
This was bait.
>>
>>74959819
For you
>>
>>74961239
Nah dude, outside of /pol/ you're allowed to be right about things without getting yelled at
>>
So let's tally up. Before LCD Soundsystem there was:

Can
Brian Eno
Kraftwerk
David Bowie
Neu!
Suicide
^ all from one decade, 40 years ago.
>>
LCD has been just ripping off Talking Heads
>>
>>74961386
which is fine, since they don't think too highly of themselves

the problem is in the coverage of them
>>
>>74961354
U2
New Order
Radiohead
Atari Teenage Riot
Nine Inch Nails

Even if you think these bands are shit they did electronic/dance/rock waaaay before lcd
>>
>>74959777
LCD Soundsystem is probably the worst band ever.
There's music out there that sounds worse, but no band in its whole is as bad as they are.
Everything everybody has always said about "white people" applies to them, and winking and acknowledging that doesn't change anything. They just plain suck.
>>
>>74961472
>>74961354
basically all the bands he namedrops in Losing My Edge
>>
>>74961495
nice bait there
>>
>>74961472
Hell even The Clash and The Rolling Stones did it too and became huge staples in NYC discotheques
>>
>>74960289

>What is The Prodigy
>What is The Chemical Brothers?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.