[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prediction: there will be a huge revival of guitar rock within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: wenn22101953.jpg (443KB, 900x1119px) Image search: [Google]
wenn22101953.jpg
443KB, 900x1119px
Prediction: there will be a huge revival of guitar rock within the next 5 years. rap and particularly trap will become a meme. hip black people will start discovering indie rock and punk and spreading it to the normies. you'll see a lot of black dudes playing guitar and black indie and punk bands.

remember: black people don't want to like what normie white people like. cool people don't want to like what lame as fuck people like. you already see this in shit happening with stuff like pic-related.
>>
>>74958668
'no'
>>
blacks already make indie rock and the art school kids are into it already. this guy has some buzz and worked with suckdick lamar and frank.
watch for late 2017/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKLPEBU7iU
>>
guitar rock is dead my nig

there's nothing that sounds more generic than guitar rock.
>>
>>74958709
This is literally Frank Ocean vocals over Mac Demarco guitar. Some record label is concocting this and it's going to blow up big.
>>
File: 1497463757712.jpg (27KB, 463x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497463757712.jpg
27KB, 463x265px
>>74958668
>black people take over rock
>we get shitty lyrics about police brutality over ancient riffs
>we have to deal with "we wuz tha first rockstars an sheit"
>most old rock is considered racist and people try to get rid of it
>this is the future white teenagers have created
>>
https://youtu.be/kjDwZNs6GLs

Is this sound gonna be hip ?
>>
>>74958686
literally going to happen, look at the pic faggot. i guarantee it. screenshot this post come back in 5 years if you haven't won a darwin award.
>>
>>74958808
That is way too white for any black man

If we're talking Pavement/GBV/Archers of Loaf/Sebadoh/Jad Fair and all that there's no way that will ever catch on with anyone who isn't a white suburban young adult.
>>
>>74958780
yup
>>
>>74958717
>there's nothing that sounds more generic than guitar rock.

literally trap.
>>
>>74958759
>implying ivy and self control aren't what you just described
Face it, blonde is not as good as you think it is
>>
>>74958827
that's what they said about southern rap and white people in the early 2000s anon.
>>
So Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven will end up being regarded as a misunderstood masterpiece that came out too early?
>>
dean blunt has been doing this since 2010
same with james ferraro
you're already late op
>>
>>74958780
Your poor strawmanning doesn't really work if you know a single thing about music history
>>
>>74958874
I have an autistic theory: black people tend to prefer groove and rhythm driven music like dance/funk/R&b.

College indie is like the opposite of that, very feedbacky and esoteric lyrics and weird song structures.
>>
>>74958937
Ferraro's black? I've only seen like that one picture of him, he looks like a Flip or something to me.
>>
>>74959023
hes half black
>>
anyway as a black dude. you got the upper middle class black kids that fuck with gambino and mac demarco. so you might see them fuck around with indie. but the shit i hear in my area kinda sucks. they will probably end up with some buzz cause p4k gives us some extra points.

but idk i'd rather them go a frank ocean or dean blunt route and make up their own genres. instead of just replacing same old white cliches just with a blackface.
seems kinda pointless you know
>>
>>74958827
IDK, my brown ex fell in love with Pavement when I showed them to her
>>
>>74959225
>tfw no qt thicc black gf to listen to slanted and enchanted with
>>
>>74958827
im black and listen to that stuff
tho i prefer red house painters/slowcore side of indie rock.
>>
>>74958668
in 5 years absolutely no chance. Try 25 or more and you might have a point.
>>
>>74959276
just put yourself out there bro, someone for everyone :)
>>
>>74958668
>tfw me and two black friends are already doing this
>>
>>74958923
listened to it for the first time a few months ago and it was actually better than what id expected from reading what other people had to say about it desu
>>
black kids already like slouch rock like Mac DeMarco and King Krule get with the times old man
>>
>>74959313
that i could see actually
>>
>>74958948
i agree, but i also thing that the two elements need each other if theyre going to stay fresh/relevent going forward imo
>>
>>74959276
Relevant to op she also loved Megadeth t.bh

https://youtu.be/M0W84VOuMTI
>>
Nah, black music is gonna move into Neo-Soul even more, mixing it with R&B, then there will probably be a G-Funk revival after that.
Guitar-only music isn't gonna face any kind of critical revival any time soon, because any remotely interesting and acclaimed band right now is already using/trying to use synths. Qotsa, National, Bon Iver, all were analogue-based until recently, and those are the acts that don't sound exactly like the guys that love to evolve.
There will still be a niche for the non-synth rock bands too, but mostly with the defener crowd, since Foo Fighters are still a meme, and noone else cares about them.
Meanwhile metal fans will still be eating each other because their favorite artist is either not being metal enough, or is doing the same stuff and it's "generic"

If anything, I think there's gonna be a bit of an IDM revival soon that's based around analogue/modular. LCD SS will probably help drive that a bit.
>>
>>74958717
>>74958668
>Every subgenre of rock music is the same: The post
Yeah, about that dead part:
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
>>
>>74959984
I can tell you don't listen to metal.
Metal shoegaze fusion will be the next big thing in metal
>>
>>74960241
I'm sorry, but Deafhaven having a single both popular and critically successful album won't change metal fans.
>>
>>74959999
How many of these are rehashes of things done before
>>
As if pop punk hasn't been selling punk to normies for years. Also, sex pistols, rhe ramones, and the clash are normie af.
>>
We're bringing rock back and making it better than ever goys.
>>
File: ruines humaines.jpg (98KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
ruines humaines.jpg
98KB, 894x894px
>>74960241
Is shoegaze metal still going on? I've been hearing this stuff since like 2007. What is the new stuff?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.