[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is electronic music so hard to make? I desperately want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
why is electronic music so hard to make? I desperately want to make music and i've been learning for 2 years but I still haven't made anything that i actually enjoy. I can't even make a decent minimal techno track, everything just sounds off, or i over complicate it. You listen to a good techno tune and it's so simple, a pad, bassline, and a kick. And yet it's impossible to recreate that feeling. I have an MS20, volca sample and bass, but i still haven't learned how to sync them and play them all at the same time, so i mostly just use a daw. everything i make is shit

sad
>>
>>74948428
I wouldn't know m8, I just make loops on garageband for IPad
>>
>>74948428
You need to sync them to a clock, one you have this down you will be surprised how easy it is.
>>
>>74948428
imma break this down for you because i am here right now and am procrastinating

1. you dont have any fucking inspiration. like 0, i have not read anything in your post to indicate this. start asking yourself "why do i want to make music?" and when you can answer that you'll finally start making music you enjoy

until then, nothing you make is good because it doesn't even matter to you

2. you are treating music like a craft and not art. art includes craft but it is not defined by it. make art you want to make with good craft. it's all moot anyway unless the 1st point is addressed.

3. you have to think bigger. think about the entire musical idea in regards to what you want to say, why you want to say it and how you want to say it. again, all determined by you answering the fundamental question, but you need to have some fucking life behind your music-making to make this work.

now dont post again until you've sorted your musical world out. either make music, and git gud, or make trash and get got
>>
>>74948428
Sound design dude. Everybody has go to methods for creating sounds they love. I had a similar issue of comparing myself to artist that I enjoy and it just doesn't work like that, you have to immerse yourself in the creative process and indulge in what sounds good to you even if it isn't like anything you've heard. At first your statements won't be so verbose, but as you find your sound you will grow to be more ambitious with your tracks. Eventually you reach a place where you are enthused about your sounds. or atleast I have, it's all subjective
>>
>>74948525
Fuckin saved good speech friend
>>
>>74948571
great post
>>
>>74948525
english isn't my first language, i been making music since i was 16, playing in bands, but i got interested in techno, ambient and idm and wanted to explore it myself. after 2 years i am still so bad despite really enjoying the music
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.