[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is objectively better than most /mu/core albums jacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

This album is objectively better than most /mu/core albums jacked off so frequently here. If you disagree give a well thought out explaination why that uses specific examples and isnt just "kill yourself"
>>
File: i agree.jpg (42KB, 1300x771px) Image search: [Google]
i agree.jpg
42KB, 1300x771px
>>74943884
I don't disagree with you anon.
>>
>>74943884
RAP

Retards Attempting Poetry

Hahahaha
>>
>>74943884
Agreed
>>
Why do you care if people validate your taste or not? Just like what you want you insecure baby.
>>
File: mu.png (240KB, 1919x1155px) Image search: [Google]
mu.png
240KB, 1919x1155px
100% agree with OP.

Incoming: pic related butthurt
>>
Overrated jazz rap revivalism with objectively a few good lyrics here and there that get overshadowed with pseudo-intellectual ""social commentary"". The album is a 7/10 maybe an 8/10 at best
>>
>>74943884
you can't really compare across genres
is it better than most /mu/ hip hop? arguably yes
but you can't compare it to loveless because you can't say its better
better at what? they're both praised for different reasons. if you look at tpab and say "man there's no nuance no originality" then loveless will be better
if you look at loveless and say "theres no message no point to it" then of course youll think tpab is better
>>
>>74943884
Kill yourself
>>
>>74944047
based reasonposter
>>
This album is /mu/core
>>
I don't like rap music.
>>
>>74943884
>"Objectively better"
>"If you disagree give a well thought out explanation"
>Doesn't provide an explanation of his own
>>
>>74943884
You are correct OP (maybe Spiderland is better imo) but yeah it's an album that never has a dull moment. Extremely memorable and musical production, a non linear narrative, and not a single bad lyric on the record (if I remember correctly)
>>
>>74943884
WE
>>
>>74946452
no?
>>74943917
this
>>74944750
this
>>74946477
and this
>>
>>74943917
xD FUCK YEAH DUDE!!

>>74943884
no but seriously, don't spend so much time worrying about what /mu/ likes or dislikes, its always going to be skewed and diverse

IMO though, the album is really amazing and well made, one of the best hip-hop albums of the past few years, IMO!!!!

but really, /mu/, or at least the /mu/jority is not going to give you an in depth reason besides 'i dont like rap music' or 'durrr i dont like black people' or that you know, they just genuinely dont like it? which is fine
>>
>>74943884
6/10 imo
>>
>>74943884
for rap its alright, but there are already better rap projects out there.

skelethon is a better rap album, and aesop is a better rapper

kendrick is like 7/10
>>
>you aint gotta lie
>complexion and i basically having the same message yet are both on the album
complexion and you aint gotta lie are my two least favorite songs on the album
>that halfhearted second poem
>the entire album is a dick ride of tupac
>barely utilizes jazz yet uses live instrumentation
this is something that really bothers me about the album, he could've gone so much farther musically but just stuck to using instruments in the most basic of ways. this album while it is good as an hiphop album it doesn't challenge anything musical about hip hop but it does add another layer to what can be narrated and how something can be presented in a narrative. Its a 8/10

now explain yourself because you said its better than most /mu/core, why?
>>
>>74944012
>with objectively a few good lyrics here and there
you cant say that objectively you fucking idiot since its your opinion
>>
>>74947132
>a non linear narrative
the narrative is linear, it just incorporates other themes into it. The narrative is that he's going through the poem to read to Tupac
>>
>>74944047
This.
>>
The second half, aside from the outro, is pure filler.
Literally the first half but with different lyrics.
>>
>>74947785
an album is not required to be forward thinking to be good
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.