[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why has no one made an "Onion-style" parody site for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: harsh.png (129KB, 1026x515px) Image search: [Google]
harsh.png
129KB, 1026x515px
why has no one made an "Onion-style" parody site for music? i thought pitchfork was for the longest time, but someone explained recently that they think they're legit.
should we start this site ourselves? i've got some ideas for articles
>>
>>74938587
I'd write for it
>>
I have a weird feeling that one exists but I can't think of what it was

>should we start this site ourselves?
If it doesn't exist then definitely
>>
>>74938587
There is one you idiot. Hard Times.
>>
The Hard Times is kinda like that but they never review music.
>>
There already is one that puts on the persona of a befuddled 50-something-dadrocker. I don't recall the name, though-- I just know their logo makes fun of Kanye.
>>
>>74938638
>>74938657
that's niche humor for punk dipshits
>>
>>74938638
didn't know this existed, but it seems like it's not a parody of music sites, just a parody of news sites in general with more music-oriented articles than the onion
>>
>>74938676
That one is too tongue and cheek. If it's going to be like the onion, it's gotta be more subtle (or at least more subtle)
>>
>>74938587
this is a great idea actually
>>
it could be a parody of Pitchfork called "Pisspoor"
>>
There's https://wundergroundmusic.com/ for dance music. It's pretty shit though
>>
>>74938587
You mean, like /mu/?
>>
>>74938587
Wasn't there that facebook group of "dadrockers" that review albums
>>
http://www.clickhole.com/article/disgusting-isis-just-released-2-star-review-aeropl-2620
>>
call it pitchpork
>>
>>74938657
>>74938697
>that's niche humor for punk dipshits
No it isn't.

It's the closest thing to The Onion for music that exists.
>>
Didn't The Onion do a great article about Pitchfork giving music a 6/10 and not being better on the whole than some meme album, made me crack up
>>
>>74939031
http://www.theonion.com/article/pitchfork-gives-music-68-2278
>In the end, though music can be brilliant at times, the whole medium comes off as derivative of Pavement.
>>
>>74938587
wouldn't do well.
>>
>>74939086
irrelevant opinion
>>
>>74938842
ok thats actually genius
>>
There's this website, but that's about it

http://www.somethingawful.com/fakesa/richdork/
>>
>>74939101
no its true. carles already did something like that with hipster-runoff
everybody on the internet who cares about this shit is already ironic now.
>>
here's some of my headlines/ideas for articles:

Thom Yorke Continues to Release Music That Isn't OK Computer or Kid A

Bruce Springsteen Pays Tribute to Todd Rundgren Only to Find Out That He Isn't Dead

The Avalanches Die Suddenly, Tragically in a Landslide

Brian Wilson Fired From Gerber for Fucking With Formula

William Basinski Reissues The Disintegration Loops.
Willa Basink eisses Te Disintgrtio Loop
Wll Bain iss e iintgrti op
l Bn s ntg p
>>
>>74939281
Those are p good anon.
Avalanches one is kinda lame tho
>>
>>74939077
Haha, genius
>>
There was a really good parody a while back where instead of rating it of quality it rated it based on similarity Kanye West.
>>
>>74939311
yeah, it seemed funnier in my head
>>
Would love to see this happen. Bumperino
>>
>>74938638
Hard Times is funny and they've earnt their success through hard work
>>
>>74938587
like you said pitchfork reads as this a lot already, espcially older reviews
>>
Does anyone remember the old Pitchfork review where the guy gave it a terrible rating because he didn't listen to it correctly? (something along those lines) I have to read that again
>>
>>74939311
i thought it was the funniest one besides the disintegration loops one

it seemed kinda lame at first but for some reason the more i thought about it the funnier it got to me
>>
>>74938587
>why has no one made an "Onion-style" parody site for music?

Almost every place that talk about music is like this
>>
>>74938638
I remember when Matt would play my friends garage on a thursday night with ZP. Now he's making the big bucks making fun of punk.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.