[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did they do it? I've always liked Brand New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: brandnewsciencefictionbig.jpg (3MB, 4134x4134px) Image search: [Google]
brandnewsciencefictionbig.jpg
3MB, 4134x4134px
How the fuck did they do it? I've always liked Brand New but they completely flipped the script on the band and lyrically matured. This is nothing like their previous 4 albums.
>>
>>74931477
I mean they're like 40 now which probably helps maturity-wise
>>
they have to reinvent their sound or die
>>
>>74931477
It's lyrically in line with Fight Off Your Demons in terms of maturity.
I have a feeling with both projects Jesse wrote without the idea of what the band is to others. Something he didn't exactly avoid on most of their albums.

I always felt he could have had an incredible solo career and I think at least lyrically this album shows that off as well.

It always confused me how lyrically you could go from Fight Off Your Demons to TDAG. not to knock TDAG but there's a really easy way to compare the two. The version of sowing seasons on Fight Off Your Demons is substantially more mature and complex lyrically. It seemed like his ability was always there to write like this, just something stopped him.
>>
>>74931477
>This is nothing like their previous 4 albums

lol

If you like Devil and God and the Fight Off Your Demons demos you'll like this.

Not saying it's formulaic or predictable, but it's very very Brand New.
>>
>>74931477
Most overrated album of the year. Dumb fucks saying it was AOTY after 3 listens the day it came out.
>>
>>74932240
people say that about every album the day it comes out, welcome to /mu/
>>
>>74932240
>implying that isn't the case for every new release ever on /mu/

The biggest difference here is that people are are still clamoring it and praising it after a month.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.