[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She's better at being Kate Bush than Kate herself Plus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tori-amos.jpg (36KB, 338x303px) Image search: [Google]
tori-amos.jpg
36KB, 338x303px
She's better at being Kate Bush than Kate herself

Plus she's a much better piano player and a more advanced/progressive composer
>>
>>74930995
I agree with the piano part and maybe the composing part

I love her but you gotta understand that she fell off HARD after her fourth album.
>>
>>74931017
That is true. The same would've happened to Kate Bush though, but I guess she was smart and chose to become a recluse instead of embarrassing herself.

50 Words for Snow is quite bad though.
>>
>>74931017
Literally haven't heard anything after Strange Little Girls for this very reason. Nothing new was going to happen seemed like.
>>
>>74931107
50 Words of Snow is better than almost anything Tori Amos has put out in the 21st century. And she also came out with Aerial, which is even better. But you're most likely right about her stopping sooner than later (The Red Shoes)
>>
>>74930995
holy fuck how wrong can you be. She's insufferable emo cringe personified. She's Eddie Vedder's autistic twitching poseur facial expressions in the Jeremy video mixed with period blood. Fucking awful music for girls who cut words onto their legs and then take selfies. Bloody fucking awful music, despite being a moderately talented musician by today;s standard.
>>
After Little Earthquakes she's completely different from Kate Bush. Kate Bush does quirky literate storytelling songs with lots of Fairlight. Tori Amos spurts out streams of concentrated estrogen onto a Bosendorfer piano. I like her in small doses but it's honestly a little gross.
>>
>>74931202
As a musician she completely blows Kate out of the water. Kate had very limited piano abilities and couldn't play any other instruments. Most of her compositions were very simple and relied on theatrical singing, and her performances revolved around quirky choreographies as she almost never sang live.

Tori is virtuoso with a classical background. Her piano arrangements are a lot more complex and technical than Kate's and her discography is more varied. Plus she is an absolutely insane live performer, perhaps one of the best there are in the context of popular music.
>>
>>74930995
And pretentious beyond belief.
>>
File: CS629560-01A-BIG.jpg (92KB, 700x694px) Image search: [Google]
CS629560-01A-BIG.jpg
92KB, 700x694px
this album is fucking nuts
>>
>>74932025
>pretentious
are people still using this word
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.