[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you can "appreciate" /mu/core music on an artistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 71JxCGwe9cL._SL1500_.jpg (244KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71JxCGwe9cL._SL1500_.jpg
244KB, 1500x1500px
>tfw you can "appreciate" /mu/core music on an artistic level but it never resonates with you on an emotional or spiritual level as much as other "pleb-tier" music does
Do I just have to keep listening to more /mu/core music before I break through and like it? Or am I predisposed to having pleb tastes forever?
>>
Either way this album is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>74920778

just listen to TMR over and over and over again until it makes sense
>>
I've been listing to /mu/ approved artists and albums for a while, but my favourite albums are still the mainstream pleb albums I loved before I discovered /mu/.
>>
>>74920823
agreed.
>>
What I hate is how /mu/core music tends to overwhelming lean towards depressive/melancholic/negative feeling music. What if I actually want to feel good and happy while listening to music? The only albums in the RYM Top 40 that actually match that criteria outside of the Beatles are Pet Sounds and Ziggy Stardust, and have fun finding anything happy sounding in the Top Anything that's modern and not also some art/noise/post-whatever shit.
>>
>>74920864
My favourite music is neither /mu/core nor mainstream. I like crusty old blues and rockabilly and garage rock made by people with room-temperature IQs.
>>
>>74920991
This. Plus, I find nearly all of it is meant to sound dreamy or ethereal, hardly ever rooted in traditional styles.
>>
wtf is this thread. not even meming. i share a board with you. i've never seriously wanted to leave /mu/ ghis hard before. wtf u guys.
>>
>>74920991
>Pet Sounds
>happy
wew lad
>>
>>74920991
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust isn't a happy album.
>>
>>74921212
>>74921235
I mean compared to Remain in Light, London Calling, or any album from Radiohead, Floyd, Joy Division, KC, GY!BE, etc, they might as well have been written by fucking Pharrell.
>>
>>74921326
>might as well have been written by fucking Pharrell.
did you even listen to the album completely?
>>
>>74920778
It just means you're not an artsy hipster faggot, congrats.
>>
>>74921396
I've listened to both those albums in their entirety, unless you're talking about one of the other albums I listed. Sure the lyrics are dark, but the melodies and the feel of the album in general aren't nearly as depressive as anything else in the RYM list.
>>
>>74921470
In that case, the official /mu/ album, ITAOTS should fit your criteria of happy music
>>
>>74920991
>>74921533
JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO TMR PROBLEM SOLVED
>>
>>74920991
I agree with this, ive been listening to some of my local bands, and its more of an indie pop/punk scene and I love it. So maybe listen to your local scene.
>>
>>74921533
I've already listened to ITAOTS. The melody is certainly positive and I probably should've included it originally, but there's an underlying melancholy in the album that makes me feel like it's not really on the level of Pet Sounds, Ziggy, or Abbey Road.
>>
>>74920778
nahhhh most /mu/core sucks don't worry. if you like that record you're on the right track
>>
>>74920778
>tfw you can "appreciate" /mu/core music on an artistic level but it never resonates with you on an emotional or spiritual level as much as other "pleb-tier" music does
Necessarily, since /mu/core was decided upon by a bunch of autists who don't function on an emotional or spiritual level
>>
The Stranger is pretty well received on RYM, so I don't know what you're talking about?
>>
How does /mu/-core matter so much to you people? Are any of you even adults?
>>
>>74922575
I think he's talking about Billy Joel in general, who is about as normie soft rock as you can get. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.