[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats your story of eliminating superficiality in music /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1501194984949.jpg (43KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
1501194984949.jpg
43KB, 630x473px
whats your story of eliminating superficiality in music /mu/? as in what made you stop paying attention
and obtaining emotions in music for very basic and irrelevant things such as lyrics, image, look, fanbase, fantasy?
>>
File: 63fal.jpg (47KB, 650x465px) Image search: [Google]
63fal.jpg
47KB, 650x465px
personally for me it started with pet sounds, I had difficulty listening to it at first because I wondered 'what am I supposed to get off on?' I had just moved on from listening to radiohead and the thought of an old band with an older sound felt really weird and uncool to me until I listened more and one day I noticed how the bass line and the main melody in 'here today' connected and my mind was blown and I developed a taste for harmony, melodic color, and rhythm and other practices that make music glow. This later developed into a taste for the beach boys and 30s style big band jazz which then funneled down to classical and cool jazz which is where I am comfortable enjoying music the most. I didnt realize that I could enjoy music on such a pure and extreme level, before this it had just been emotionally relevant sounds that could sometimes get me but nothing that could move me and be such a big part of my life.
>>
>>74912985
this is like /mu/ in its purest form
>>
File: T4jQt2F.jpg (898KB, 3110x2073px) Image search: [Google]
T4jQt2F.jpg
898KB, 3110x2073px
>>74912990
/mu/ don't look as good as those people
/mu/ don't listen to jazz outside of Kind of Blue, A Love Supreme, Charles Mingus, and Frank Sinatra
>>
>>74913042
Frankly I found myself no longer listening to /mu/ past maybe the doors and after discovering the beach boys
I occasionally check out rap or maybe shoe gaze or something chill but rarely. I appreciate where /mu/ core guided me
musically but I dont really listen to it
>>
I've always been kinda obsessed with music. Listened to it for a few hours a day even as a small kid, never left home without a walkman or a cd player. But up until something like 8 years ago I never really felt anything special or payed much attention to details. It was when I first heard Soma by deadmau5 (I'm a huge deadmau5 fan ever since) that something changed in me. It was pretty much a normal electronic song, hard kick, weird ass sounds, big low end, fun rhythm. Then suddenly, the break. The break is made with a piano, and the piano itself doesn't even sound that good. But the change in the story the song is making tapped into my emotions and a true love for music was born. After that, I gradualy moved through genres and found out that some song I previously disliked or even hated have something special in them and started paying more attention. Two years ago my now ex introduced me to jazz, as she was a jazz pianist, and it took some time to get behind it. But, as I've become a more experienced listener and actually looked into people I was listening to and read backstories of how a certain song or album was made, I fell in love with jazz.
I know this shit might not be what you might want to read, I just wanted to share a bit of my life to show how much music means to me and how important it is, for me again, to actually listen to music, to really hear it. Music saved my life and gave it a new meaning and goal.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.