[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you express your music taste around normies? i was smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Drake&JoshTalentShowdown.jpg (27KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Drake&JoshTalentShowdown.jpg
27KB, 250x224px
how do you express your music taste around normies?

i was smoking weed with my gf and her brother and cousins and they were playing some repetitive trap playlist and i wanted to take the aux and play some fishmans or anco, but backed out because i was too afraid that they wouldn't like it.
>>
>>74909961
Probably the right thing to do
>>
I don't. The last time I tried I sperged out in a way I didn't think I was even capable of.
>>
>>74909961
Get taste
>>
>>74909961

When normies are playing shit music

First thing thing i do is say "You guys listen to any actual musicians?"...then see what they say.

Sometimes ill cut to the chase and say something like "Anybody like Black Sabbath?" Or..."Whos your favorite guitarist?"

Those last 2 are my pleb filters
>>
>>74910037
that sounds condescending nigga i aint doing that
>>
>>74909961
I don't bother, same as I do here
>>
>>74910538

You're right. Normies dont't need to kisten to actual kino music...

Just let them hear theyre repetative, go-nowhere, beats...

Imma go work on my bands ep
>>
>>74910925
Or you could act like a decent human being instead of an entitled white girl with autism
>>
>>74909961
go up the genre until you find something accessible
for example, fishmans would lead you to dub/reggae so you could play bob marley
anco is psychedelic and normies love pink floyd
>>
people don't talk to me, so i'm not sure what i'd do in this situation
>>
you don't unless they ask you and are genuinely interested
that's how you avoid coming off as a cunt
>>
Never reveal your power level, only sing power ballads. Speaking of
JUST A SMALL TOWN GIIIRRRRLLL!!!!
>>
File: IMG_3297.jpg (19KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3297.jpg
19KB, 251x250px
>>74910037
Whatchu tryna say bout Black Sabbath Nigga?
>>
is this whole thread bait?
>>
dude, learn to transition.

you ever hear the whole, "if you like x, then you'll like y" strategy?

do that. if it's a trap playlist, then play some electronica you like. play something remotely similar but better
>>
I don't think there is any way not to sound condescending. If you try to play some of your accessible stuff or say something about the music they play they take it as a personal attack for some reason. Normalfags are disgusting.
>>
find acceptable rap and electronic music. play that. itll do for them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPyzIJ0cOew

salty cake haters
>>
>>74909985
story?
But yeah, I usually don't op. When I'm drinking or smoking with my cousins I let them have or the aux or I'll play something I know for sure they'll like, like Kendrick or Earl
>>
>>74909961
i don't. i'm usually able to catch how deep their interest in music goes, and i'll react appropriately.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.