[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like this album and if so are there any other albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 021-Women-Public-Strain-full_.jpg (1MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
021-Women-Public-Strain-full_.jpg
1MB, 1425x1425px
Do you guys like this album and if so are there any other albums similar to this???
>>
>>74902691

I love that album and unfortunately I have yet to find anything that quite hits the same sweet spot

You might wanna check out their self titled EP, which has some good stuff

also, in case you don't know, one of the band members died, and the rest of them formed another band called "Preoccupations", which was at first called "Viet Cong"

They have an EP and two LPS. It's not quite the same, and I still think Public Strain is my fav material, but there is some quality stuff in there for sure

there single from their first LP is probably my fav by them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSbYbFiLDtQ

I'd say it's overall a more...aggressive sound than Women. Less of the slower, more contemplative tracks that you'd hear on Public Strain

I recently listened to something, which i was recommended on /mu/, that is sort of similar, especially in mood/vibe. In that it has like, driving pop-ish bass and guitars at times, but abrasive distortion:

" '77 Live " by Les Rallizes Denudes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYVEQeJ4WQ
>>
>>74903058
Thanks a lot man I'm going to check out these links and Preoccupations!
>>
Cindy Lee-Act of Tenderness
>>
>>74903195

you're very welcome, anon! I hope you like the recs!
Public Strain is one of my favs so I am happy to help bc i know the desire to find more like it
>>
buuuutttt thosssseeeee CRUELLLLLL TRICKS COULD NOT AVOIIIIDDDDD MEEEE LOVIN YOUUU A LOTTTTTT IIIII
JUST
COULD NOT
>>
>>74903468

something i didn't notice until recently:

on that track, towards the end, it sounds like someone is repeating "is there any reason?"

while the lines
"Overboard ahead of me
You're not lying next to me
just below your swaying palms
Hidden by a bank machine"

are being repeated

starts at around 4:03 into the song

i don't see this written anywhere, but i can't unhear it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.