[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was such a satisfying and meticulously crafted final statement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lcd soundsystem.jpg (828KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
lcd soundsystem.jpg
828KB, 1600x1600px
this was such a satisfying and meticulously crafted final statement from an impactful and appreciated band

why did they come back bros? why trample over that legacy? was james really that desperate for cash or something?
>>
Bowie man
>>
It was? Sounded like more of the same to me.
>>
>>74889692

The same reason they decided to have a retirement show just to sell out MSG. Money and attention.
>>
they wanted to make more music. it's been seven years.
>>
i get the impression he didn't want to overstay his welcome by going on too long and producing mediocre albums. he genuinely thought he was being virtuous by getting out while he was at his peak and not letting him become the strokes or whatever. i think he talked about this in some interview. after a while though he was probably offered a lot of money by festivals like coachella and it just became stupid not to take it. he also could have gotten bored producing other people's music too. bowie telling him to keep making music sounds convenient. who's going to admit they did it for the cash?
>>
White people on Reddit: the band
>>
He only stopped because he thought everything was building up for LP4 to be massive commercially and by his own admission he's an incredibly pretentious hipster who doesn't want to be any bigger.

>I don’t want to be subsumed into popular culture and played on the radio next to some garbage music. I don’t want some kid’s first experience with my band to be because they heard us on the radio and just liked it more than they liked some other fucking song.
>>
>>74889692
they did it specifically to piss you off
>>
I mean, you could have at least used the two actually great LCD albums as thread pic. Happening is good, yeah, but AD is about as good. Both albums don't necessarily have the edge over the other.
>>
Are the songs on par with American dream song? I can't listen to it right now
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.