[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't put any effort into your cover art then I won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 81d85TlDWuL._SL1200_.jpg (264KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
81d85TlDWuL._SL1200_.jpg
264KB, 1200x1200px
If you don't put any effort into your cover art then I won't waste my time listening to your music.
>>
That cover is not bad tho
>>
>>74887301
I'll admit it has grown on me
>>
Some of the greatest albums have dumb and simple cover arts.
>>
Don't worry. Once you get to be 17 or 18 you will grow out of this immature way of thinking.

Probably just stick to memerap and generic indie until then though.
>>
>album art is a picture of the musician or band
Always a guarantee for being mundane. No imagination in the album art? No imagination in the music, either.
>>
most of the criss cross labels are pretty lame, but having said that with jazz, even as a whole, the emphasis is on the music and really only the music.
>>
File: mmmer.jpg (78KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
mmmer.jpg
78KB, 500x501px
get a load of this album cover, it's nothing special but it's a great album. having the mentality that album art is that significant is somewhat silly imo.
>>
Jazz artists are happy to have the opportunity to record their music and often have little to no say on what goes on the cover.

If you're not even willing to give music a chance just based on cover art then jazz is definitely not the genre for you.

It's really a pathetic mindset to have though.
>>
>>74887274
criss cross has their own aesthetic. Its substance over image.
>>
File: kek.png (3MB, 1836x1142px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
3MB, 1836x1142px
still too ugly to fit here
>>
>He hasn't taken the criss cross pill yet

A lot of their albums are 6 or 7s out of 10 but I've never heard one that's bad and there are some definite 9s and 10s that are some of the best modern jazz releases
>>
>>74887359
>he hasn't listened to Help!
>>
>>74887790
>6 or 7s out of 10

personal prefrence
>>
>>74888465
What is your point?
>>
>>74887274
well that would be your problem
>>
The implications of this are very disturbing.

It's virtually impossible that OP has never listened to a good album that has a bland or boring cover, therefore we can assume that he has actually been convincing himself that these albums are bad, solely because they have bad cover art.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.