[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be the ugliest of your brothers >born on a rough estate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: noel-gallagher.jpg (119KB, 980x1471px) Image search: [Google]
noel-gallagher.jpg
119KB, 980x1471px
>be the ugliest of your brothers
>born on a rough estate
>abusive father
>get kicked out of school
>break leg at work
>play guitar for fun
>write some tunes
>get multiple number 1 hits

and what have you done with your life again, anon?
>>
>>74879402
i masturbated 18 times today
>>
>>74879440
damn, honestly thats quite a feat
>>
Honestly die
>>
>>74881099
Remind me what you've done again?
>>
>>74881326
:^)
https://youtu.be/hdKR5t-LHV4
:0)
>>
>>74881363
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>74879440
Pretty sure anything more than 3 is bad for your health
>>
He's only media-accepted ugly. Not ugly ugly.
>>
>>74881428
t. Fat worthless loser
>>
File: Noel Gallagher.jpg (7KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
Noel Gallagher.jpg
7KB, 190x265px
>tfw you killed grunge, alt rock, britpop and shoegaze without even trying
>>
>>74879402
Volunteered in Japan during tsunami relief.
>>
>>74879402
When's Noel getting an OBE or something, anyway? He deserves one, more than some who get them at least.
>>
>>74882836
>tfw Thom Yorke killed him later
>>
>>74879402
>be the ugliest of your brothers
No the fat gallagher's way worse
>write some tunes
>get multiple number 1 hits
You forgot the part where they weaseled their way into the industry thanks to Johnny Marr, Noel's Inspiral Carpets connections, Radio 1 pluggers, and signing to Creation when it got bought out by Sony.
>>
>>74882973
All entirely legitimate ways to get into the industry. Every fucker who's ever been successful did something like that.
>>
not been a contender for world's biggest douchebag
>>
>>74883114
Noel's not a douchebag really, it's just banter
>>
he did good for himself
>>
>>74882973
Lmao do you think any famous artist has made themselves with no friends? Please get help
>>
>>74882973
>Johnny Marr, Noel's Inspiral Carpets connections, Radio 1 pluggers, and signing to Creation when it got bought out by Sony.
all useful things

but he also wrote the fucking music, without which he would have never been famous
>>
File: tumblr_nrr6mvUcOL1rlec94o1_500.png (370KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrr6mvUcOL1rlec94o1_500.png
370KB, 500x494px
>what have you done with your life
>>
>>74884203
the smell
>>
>>74879402
> middle class family
> reasonably good upbringing
> parents weren't fuck-ups
> graduated in 2000
> got shitty computer degree from local yocal college
> hated the cubicle life, almost an-hero
> turns out, I like driving, anything
> drive truck
Today, I moved tons of freight. Being a generally productive member of society.
Sorry, some stories are just not that special. But shit could have always been worse.
>>
>>74882973
>Johnny Marr
wasn't involved in getting them "into the industry" unless listening to Noel's demo tape after being given it by a mutual friend and giving Noel a guitar after finding out he only had 1 counts as getting them into the industry
>Inspiral Carpets connections
he was a roadie and regardless they didn't help the band get big in any way
>Radio 1 pluggers
I don't understand what this even means. You mean a band getting popular because people hear their music on the radio is fucking cheating?
>signing to Creation when it got bought out by Sony
they were signed to Creation when Alan McGee watched them perform at a gig by chance, dunno what Sony buying a stake in the company a year earlier has to do with anything

I'm curious as to how you think a band can become famous in an acceptable way by your standards?
>>
>>74886194
>they were signed to Creation when Alan McGee watched them perform at a gig by chance, dunno what Sony buying a stake in the company a year earlier has to do with anything
No they were technically licensed to Creation in the UK, but signed to Sony. Sony did all the promo work.

Hence why the 12" demo version of Columbia got played 20 times in a single weekend on Radio 1 in 1993. Because they got paid to do it by Sony reps.
>>
>>74884269
I think you took OP too seriously but good job finding the drive to not an-hero
>>
>>74884269
save for the year you graduated you basically could've been describing pre-Terminator James Cameron, especially the truck driving aspect.

I've always found it disenheartening how so many "success stories" are either people who grew up with absolutely nothing and ended up making it big, or people who were basically born into wealth and connections. The only filmmakers I can think of that don't fall into either category are Cameron and Paul Thomas Anderson. Dunno about musicians off the top of my head but I'm sure there are some obvious ones I'm not thinking of.

>>74886231
wasn't Columbia played so many times because people kept requesting it over and over if I'm not mistaken? Don't blame them desu, it's a fucking tune.
Plus why the fuck would Sony pay the BBC to play a demo that was only sent out as a promo to journalists and DJs 20 times in one night in late '93 as a way to promote a band that wouldn't even release their first single until April of the following year? What you're saying makes no sense.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.