[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitchfork finally named it the greatest album of the 1960's.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1829.jpg (215KB, 1481x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1829.jpg
215KB, 1481x1500px
Pitchfork finally named it the greatest album of the 1960's.
Has purity lost, /mu/?
>>
>>74878695
It has a long time ago.
Also
White light>Banana
>>
>>74878771
Tough decision, both are wonderful.
Thought-provoking how it won though, eh?
People think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is better than Illinois.
People think The Velvet Underground & Nico is better than Pet Sounds.
Innocence, positivity, and purity have been defeated.
Is it the right thing to do to indulge in atrocities?
>>
What a terrible call.

Over Pet Sounds, any of the great Beatles records? Over all of Zappa's and the Mothers' albums? If they included jazz, above all of that? Above all of fucking Dylan? Obviously just jerking off the hipster retards who value a shitty idol for idiot punk musicians, The Velvet Underground's lyrical innovations were both predated and dwarfed by Dylan's post-protest career, their incorporation of forward thinking classical/jazz predated and dwarfed by Zappa and countless musicians outside of rock music, their songwriting completely overshadowed by Wilson and McCartney/Lennon alone.
>>
>>74878869
yeah but it's got a fruit on the cover nobody ever did that before
>>
File: Change_of_the_Century.jpg (32KB, 349x351px) Image search: [Google]
Change_of_the_Century.jpg
32KB, 349x351px
>Lou Reed said that pic related is his favorite album of all time and better than anything that he has personally ever produced
>Released: June 1960
>Not mentioned at all by Pitchfork

Plebfork.
>>
>>74880053
lou reed da best
>>
>>74878695
purity never existed
life is impure as necessity for its existence

>>74878861
a baby is born guilty, you could even call it original sin if you like, by sheer fact that it has collected resources that might have been spared for some other beast that died as a result of its not getting them
positivity cannot exist without negativity there is no vacuum of total positivity and any conceptual utopist idea of permanent positivity negates the universe at once

do you want to know what is atrocious? the beatles, that's what, who didn't get it either
>>
>>74878695
warhol sucks
>>
File: 1501546637059.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501546637059.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>74878695
> better than revolver

Max par
>>
File: ParisHilton-770639.jpg (178KB, 415x558px) Image search: [Google]
ParisHilton-770639.jpg
178KB, 415x558px
>>74878695

(and White Light is better than Banana, anyway)
>>
>>74878695
>greatest album of the 1960's
>racist
>>
I'll accept this only on condition of them declaring that ELO's "Time" is the greatest album of the 1980's
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.