[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r/ a good stereo widening plugin, that makes stuff sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: random pic about stereo width.jpg (151KB, 1888x1066px) Image search: [Google]
random pic about stereo width.jpg
151KB, 1888x1066px
/r/ a good stereo widening plugin, that makes stuff sound wider than 100% pan
>>
>>74876903
bx_solo
almost everything brainworx has their stereo spread shit build in, actually
>>
>>74877009
thanks a lot
do you know the science behind how its possible for stuff to sound wider than 100%
>>
>>74876903
what do you need it for? i have several i recommend depending on the usage.
>>
>>74877127
split the stereo signal into the correlated and uncorrelated components aka mid and side components (M/S), if the ratio is 1:1 it's the same representation of the stereo field as you'd have in the L/R domain, if the mid signal is louder stuff gets 'tighter' until you're left with a complete mono signal when converted back to L/R, if it's softer then stuff gets 'wider' until you're left with only the out of phase components
>>
>>74877137
to make doubled guitar tracks sound fahrer to the sides
>>
>>74877234
please don't. quad track instead because you will run into phase issues if go the stereo widening route. are you hard panning your guitars? i tend to +90/-90 and use a slightly different eq on each side.
>>
>>74876903
nugen steriozer is a lot of control
>>
>>74877389
not sure about that but i got exactly four tracks already
i want two tracks to sound like 35% and other two to sound really far like on the intro to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6Evy3NwZQ i'm hardpanning the other two at the moment
>>
>>74877535
fuck off back to your containment thread, you dumb faggot monkey.
>>
>>74877577
idiotic racist retard
>>
>>74877681
people give you solid advice all the time, yet you continue to ignore it all and ask stupid fucking questions. get a trip so i can filter you already.
>>
>>74877993
for example????????????????
>>
>>74878053
there was a thread where you cried about not knowing anything about di recording and re-amping, so i wrote a book (not literally) for you on how and why it can benefit someone like you. other anons responded and tried helping you with their advice as well. what did you do with all the information? nothing! you ignored it and kept whining in the same thread!

you're beyond helping, dude. consider suicide.
>>
>>74878114
ah i remember you
mfw i really didnt grasp anything about reamping
or maybe i did but dont remember
>>
>>74878178
my retarded histrionics aside, don't just ignore when people are giving you advice, dude. apply yourself because, despite what others say, you actually do have talent.
>>
>>74878214
i cant help it
>>
>>74876903
>Split the spectrum into as many bands as you can
>Put a random LFO on each individual band's panning
>Map the LFO's range to a macro so when the macro is at zero the LFO's output is always at 50% and when the macro is at 100% the LFO goes from -50% to +50% (effectively going from 0 to 100 on the know it's assigned to).

This way it should sum perfectly to mono.

On Ableton it's trivial to do it (might need to use a different panner than the Utility device though).

If you don't know how to split the signal into bands, some guy uploaded Ableton racks for it a few weeks ago. You'll find them in the archive.
>>
>>74876903
>>74879657
Here:
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/74315652/#74337388
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/74315652/#74337421
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.