[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to gain 'street cred' as a white rapper? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (11KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 195x258px
How to gain 'street cred' as a white rapper?
I've lived in close proximity to certain hoods, but have never been fully-immersed in ghetto culture.
I have been in street fights and sold dime-bags in high school, but have never toted pistols, per se (it's hard to get your hands on a gun here).
I have a DUI, and have had my brushes with the law, but I feel like it would take a high-profile murder or rape case to catapult me into the spotlight.
Ideally, I wish to 'bang' with the Bloods or Crips (I've been workin' on my Crip Walk and hand signs, but to little avail), but all efforts to endear myself to the Afro community have fallen flat, as I like to drop the N-bomb occasionally.
I rep my little suburb pretty hard, and never back down from tha po-po, but I fear my privileged upbringing eclipses my refined gangster persona, and it's distressing...
>>
>>74874020
You don't. Your best call is going with the white trash angle as Em did.
Or move to a country where while people got it pretty hard, some ex Soviet shithole for example.

>a high-profile murder or rape case to catapult me into the spotlight
That's just make you look like a total fuck up.

>as I like to drop the N-bomb occasionally
What for? You're not a part of that culture and it's pretty lazy.
>>
so many kids like this where I'm from, the worst offender being Kanaboss, "Inhaling so many quarters in my lungs like I'm a vending machine," a particularly choice bar from a suburbanite
>>
File: 1504149232742.jpg (164KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
1504149232742.jpg
164KB, 900x804px
>>74874020
You could try to stop being a faggot.
That might work.
>>
>>74874041
Definitely could capitalize on the 'white trash' image. Grew up in the 'domestic violence capitol of the country' amongst backwards imbreds.
I was born in Toronto's Jane+Finch (our most notorious ghetto), but didn't live there very long. In college + uni, I lived in rat- and roach-infested high-rises that bordered certain hoods,
but every time I ventured into them, I was made to feel unwelcome.
Have a few black friends, but they're all 'white-washed' black people.

Re: use of the N-bomb, it just slips out since I listen to so much hip-hop. I love to do karaoke covers, and sing the lyrics ver batum, but people get mad when I say 'nigger'!
There's no winning.
>>
>>74874020
Live in Poland. Our ancestors had it fucked just like blacks.
>>
"I don't fuck around, please understand,
Everybody on the ground! is my first command
As I bust into tha bank, with a Glock and a shank
And start rockin' a tank of explosives..."
https://soundcloud.com/user.../ecomaniac-musings-of-a-madman
Also a borderline psychopath who's crazy af, but Em's already monopolized that angle as well. How to distinguish oneself from a rapper who's already done and said everything?
>>
>>74874020
rofl if you're white just do heroin/krokodil/whatever and rap about it. you can't really talk about the street as a white dude
>>
>>74874097
>>74874212
>In college + uni
That alone would kill any street cred hopes even if you were black. Focusing on the economic hardships, and rap itself is much more authentic.

Parodying it all could work but then you're walking on a thin line between being funny and being a joke. You could always go multifaceted and focus on being a versatile artist. Some bitching about life here, some rapping about rapping there, some over the top shit, etc, etc. Check Copywrite.

As for nigger bombs, it just comes of as try hard. Gotta know where to draw the line between your influences and your work.

Also learn to link, faggot: https://soundcloud.com/user-303636950/rebel-rhymez-pt-2
It's better than expected and the beat is catchy as fuck, but vocals need to be a lot cleaner. Flow is aight as are the lyrics. Feels unfinished overall though.
>>
>>74874020
It's 2017, who gives a fuck about "street cred"? All of that shit died after the G-Unit era.
>>
>>74874302
>tfw you'll never be young again pretending to be a G when you and your white friends yell G G G G UNIT
>>
>>74874020
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.