[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

they are the best band of the 21st century, if not all time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: gfoYeg7.jpg (132KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
gfoYeg7.jpg
132KB, 640x483px
they are the best band of the 21st century, if not all time. not really up for discussion.
>>
>>74866946
just simply stating a fact.
>>
Hipster trash
>>
>>74866946
Who?
>>
>>74866960
the pretentious hipster element to it doesnt change the fact that their music is fucking amazing.
>>
>>74867075
youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>74866960
You're blinded by your generalizations of the audience. Nothing the fanbase does will change what the music sounds like
>>
>>74867136
i'm not but ok. even if it i was it wouldnt change the fact that they are the greatest band.
>>
>>74866946
tame impala
>>
>>74867075
>>74867170
Hipster trash
>>
File: jeffmangum.jpg (494KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
jeffmangum.jpg
494KB, 600x496px
MFW everytime someone calls AnCo trash they can't back it up with any arguments and they just use buzzwords like nu-male/ hipster/ pretentious
>>
File: 1504122006775.gif (991KB, 233x369px) Image search: [Google]
1504122006775.gif
991KB, 233x369px
>>74867075
>>74866960
>>74867293

No, its genuine hipster trash.

They contributed absolutely nothing to music. They just made average pop music with epic indie reverb/vocal harmonies and then threw it all into a blender. Their idea of "originality" or "creativity" was stripping apart base song elements (like a progression). This is stuff you build off, not destroy then act like thats some artistic revelation. At best, they're a gimmicky mallgoth novelty.
>>
File: Jeff33.jpg (75KB, 716x836px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff33.jpg
75KB, 716x836px
MFW everytime someone calls AnCo good they can't back it up with any arguments and they just use buzzwords like feels/ experimental/ amazing
>>
>>74867263
you mean "my first psychadelic album"
clearly you've never really listened to animal collective if you think tame impala is better
>>
>best band of the 21st century
Undebateable. They absolutely are

>if not all time
no
>>
>>74867437
come on man even panda bear's solo work is better than AnCo
>>
>>74867370
you clearly haven't listened to much animal collective if you're describing it as average pop music. you cannot argue they aren't original or creative. name one other band that does it like they do it. i. they've done more than merriweather and painting with. i do agree that their use of reverb and vocal harmonies is epic though :)
>>
>>74867470
he's great and I love his music a fuckton but you're wrong
>>
>>74867428
hey man, if you want me to actually explain why they are the greatest band in the world, I'd be happy to if you wanna hear it.
>>
>>74867509

Literally addressed everything you said. I've been on and off on them since 2006 when they were being heavily shilled in every single "alternative" scene on earth. Reread my post
>>
>>74866946
>bunch of white numales
literally who? so i can tell you how wrong you are
>>
>>74867558
Go ahead
>>
>>74867535
look this is clearly just boiling down to personal taste
in other news. what is your favorite anco album
>>
>>74867370
nobody will respond to this because its true. Anco is shit scenekid music
>>
>>74867370
>buzz buzz

In any case, AnCo, namely Avey who's the main creative force behind the band, is a great songwriter. The best thing about AnCo is how rich the instrumentation is. Straight off from Spirit they've always had pretty dense arrangements of synths and/or guitars (exceptions being Campfire Songs, Sung Tongs, and Meeting of the Waters, but even in those albums, there's a lot of depth in the way they sampled field recording and vocoders). With each album they switched up their uses of pretty unique timbres and have always written good melodies which all you really need to ask imo.

All that aside, you're post is full of that "seinfeld isn't funny" phenomena. You think AnCo sounds like average trite pop because they shaped a whole niche of popular music that came about in the earlier 2010's (after MPP came out), which has since been done to death.
>>
I used to think they were until i listened to king gizzard
>>
>>74867725
You dont even know what he's talking about

Godamn mu is full of retards that have never even picked up an instruments
>>
>>74866946
> best band of the 21st century
>one good album, two alright ones
Uh, okay. Whatever you say.
>>
>>74867802
I've played piano for years. And if you're talking about
>Their idea of "originality" or "creativity" was stripping apart base song elements (like a progression). This is stuff you build off, not destroy then act like thats some artistic revelation.

That line makes it sound like he has never listened to the band. AnCo isn't some experimental free improv group, they make music that is just as structures as most popular music, sans maybe Danse Manatee era material. But since you have no rebuttal, why don't you tell me what you were on about
>>
>>74867370
owned
>>
>>74867858
Which ones?
>>
>>74867908
>Good
Here Comes the Indian
>Alright
Merriweather Post Pavillion, Danse Manatee

BONUS ROUND
>boring
Strawberry Jam
>bad,
STGSTV, Feels, Centipede Hz, Campfire Songs
>death
Sung Tongs
>didn't even bother
Painting With
>>
>>74867671
it's a tricky question. sung tongs is what first hooked me in so it has that sentimental value to it. if i had to pick it'd be that, stgstv, or hcti
>>
>>74867634
i can see things when i listen to them. they literally paint a picture in my head. some of their shit is some of the most psychedelic shit i've ever heard in my life. the things they do really fucks with me sometime. it's rare that a band can get in my head like the boys can.
>>
>>74867980
That's such an interesting ranking. STG and Campfire Songs are my favorite. But it's just funny that you like their most acclaimed and least acclaimed and nothing else in between other than HCTI. What don't you like about all the ones that you dislike?
>>
>>74867980
what'd u do, look up what pitchfork said about them before you posted?
why is sung tongs death?
why is feels bad? what dont you like about it
>>
>>74867370
> They just made average pop music with epic indie reverb/vocal harmonies and then threw it all into a blender
Somebody's only listened to MPP
>>
>best band of the 21st century
>2017
Wait a while.
>>
>>74868234
you can tell like right away. honestly, too bad for them.
>>
>>74868069
To be completely fair, it's been several years since I've listened to anything outside of the three enjoyable released I listed. I remember Sung Tongs making me feel physically unwell, however, which is a pretty big no-no.

I might have to listen again just so that I have something to coherently shitpost about.

>>74868208
>what'd u do, look up what pitchfork said about them before you posted?
...what ?

>why is feels bad?
You mean besides starting off like a cheap neo-psych Arcade Fire with bad timbres ?
>>
>>74868398
>>74867980
>>74867889
>>74867858
>>74867694
>>74867630
>>74867428
>>74867370
>>74867264
>>74867136

FUCK ALL Y'ALL. SHIT TASTE. ANCO FOR LIFE.
it's too bad u guys don't get it. maybe one day you'll be in on it. maybe one day it will finally click and you'll say: "Shittttttt- that asshole on /mu/ knew what he was talking about"
>>
>>74868824
Ever wonder why people call AnCo fans children ?
>>
>>74868824
I'm a big fan but you're a fag
>>
>>74868908
u bet
id suck avey off in a blink. hell, i'd even blow deakin.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.