[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Pink Floyd a good band worth getting into? I always assumed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wish you were here.png (88KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wish you were here.png
88KB, 300x300px
Is Pink Floyd a good band worth getting into? I always assumed they were boring dadrock but am I wrong?
>>
No band before the 2000's is worth listening to. You don't want to be uncool like your dad, do you?
>>
File: IMG_20170831_004346.png (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_004346.png
38KB, 300x300px
Just made this on my new phone hope you like it mate
>>
>>74865365
My dad listens to 2000s pop music exclusively. But I get what you mean
>>
>>74865349
>listening to marijuanna based bands
No thank you. What is there to gain from such drole music?

>muh muh plant just a plant just a plant it's just a plant muh plant guys it's just a plant muh plant muh plant
>DUDE WEED LOL
*smokes it once and becomes transended*
I Don't think so sweetie.

Never trust an addict, their brains are being controlled and they will stop short of nothing to protect their precious addiction.

Good music, regardless of the lyrical themes or your position on its themes can simply good music. You can't just deny that something is musically good just because it has lyrical themes that you disagree with. But the fact is that there IS no good druggie music. It is ALL based on their cancer-brained druglaced psuedo spiritual BULLSHIT and I don't like it. Oh its a taste thing right? NO. The music just flat out SUCKS! I don't want to hear some gay ass hippie telling me how WICKED COOL he is because he burned some shityt little plant and breathed it in. Big whoop! Let me know when Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and the other greats of old took drugs just to write good music. Use your brains kids, not your garden.

And before you stoners even THINK about replying to me...
This is the only reply you'll ever get you drug addicted freak, and you're lucky for it. Go impose your destructive drug ideas on someone else. How about you turn yourself into the police, "friend"?
>>
>>74865349
In my opinion they never made anything interesting after Meddle, but they are still an essential listen. Just see for yourself whether or not they are boring dadrock
>>74865365
>>74865535
(You)
>>
>>74865612
>In my opinion they never made anything interesting after Meddle
>le contrarian faec

yeah, Piper is one of their better albums and saucerful is underrated, but if you genuinely pretend ummagumma and atom heart mother are better than the roger waters era stuff you're a fucking memer
>>
>>74865772
I never said anything about Ummagumma and AHM. Learn to read
>>
>>74865349
I'd argue not at this point.
They are kind of a group you either listened to in your youth or you didn't.
I still play Meddle, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and Saucer Full Of Secrets from time to time, but who knows maybe I just overplayed the band myself.
I'd recommend those albums, as it's before Dark Side and when they had a sound not as influenced to make radio hits. Anything from The Final Cut and after is trash.
>>
>>74865797
Also two great albums, Careful With That Axe, Eugene is well worth the listen.
>>
>>74865349
The Wall is criminally underrated.
>>
i hate them, really nothing to see there. Start listening something better
>>
>>74865349
Essential prog rock
>>
>>74865892
The Wall is widely agreed to be one of the greatest concept albums of all time, the only place people pretend it's bad is /mu/ and similar pseudointellectual groupthink communities
>>
>>74865349
brief summaries

piper
>dude fairy tales and nursery rhymes but SPOOKY lmao
saucerful
>doctor strange
more
>soundtrack about heroin
ummagumma
>god tier live album, followed by a dude acid avant garde thing
AHM
>ORCHESTRAL MASTERPIECE and some classic rock
meddle
>whoosh the ocean
obscured by clouds
>hey guys what if we made soft rock
dark side of the moon
>have you guys ever heard of this new thing called a concept album? lets try it
wish you were here
>RIP Syd
animals
>dae 1985
the wall
>ROCK MUSIC FUCKING SUCKS
the final cut
>OI
>GET YER FILTHY HANDS OFF MY DESERT
amlor
>fuck you roger we dont need you
>*recycles literally every pink floyd thing roger ever did*
division bell
>i take it back stadium rock is cool
the endless river
>WE BITCH AND WE FGIGHT
>>
>>74865349
>I always assumed they were boring dadrock
You should kill yourself, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>74865612
I think Obscured by Clouds has it's moments, but I'm pretty much in total agreement with you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.