[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most common "phase" to go through?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What's the most common "phase" to go through? List all the genres or whatever else that defines a musical phase that you've gone through. In order, ideally
>>
That squirrels gonna fuck him up
>>
>>74864133
Punk
>>
OP here:

>when I was a young kid I listened mostly to funk/rock, but really whatever my parents listened to. Favorite band was Talking Heads
>around puberty got into mainstream radio stuff/pop
>middle school was indie pop and britpop
>early high school was downtempo/trip hop/chillout
>then acoustic guitar oriented stuff, and some vaguely indie stuff
>late high school and early college I got really into black metal
>then broadly "avant teen" stuff
>this got more refined and I now mostly listen to modern classical

Not to say I ever only listened to those genres, but they're still phases in some sense
>>
>>74864133
Metal and punk during puberty
>>
Classic rock/dadrock/"muh real music" obsession
>>
Classical, for about two weeks
>>
>>74864133
Pop music
>>
>>74864518
This and also metal
>>
File: 1503815153044.jpg (201KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503815153044.jpg
201KB, 800x600px
>>74864133
for boys..
>edgy teen phase - korn, linkin park, power metal, numetal etc
>the im not like other boys phase - either goth, anime dance or jrock shit. happens during teen years
>the brostep lmao phase - generally all things edm and rap related bs at end of teen years
>the washed up fan phase - when youre suddenly okay with pop, mainstream and realize you get to relax now.

i cant say what happens after that. maybe marriage and kids. I might go to one more gig tomorrow and think if im done for rest of the year with live music.
>>
Age 13-17 - nu metal/alternative metal/groove metal/metalcore/deathcore/post-grunge
Age 14-19 - Dadrock (prog mainly)
Age 20-22 - basic /mu/ essentials, 80s music
22-23 (current) - early-00s music I missed that others listened to duding that time/dark 80s music
>>
Classic rock - numetal - new metalica - old metalica and slayer - tech death wank - progressive metal/rock - black and old school death metal

Rap I heard on THPS - rap that's funny - dude weed lmao bay area rap - old school gangsta rap - "abstract" hip hop DOOM & Aesop Rock etc.

These timelines coincided with my age and maturity level pretty well, from grade school to edgy highschool to psuedo intellectual im a patrician college phase

Now im in the unemployed graduate phase and only listen to chill beat mixes on youtube
>>
whatever my parents listened to
videogame music
linkin park and jpop
hip hop
indie rock
post rock
kpop
shoegaze/noise rock

I guess I'm in the shoegaze sect right now but I've never really dropped listening any of the older stuff
>>
>>74864133
For hipsters, it's shoegaze.
>>
I'll post mine.
>radio and mtv pop music as a small child
>rock and pop-punk exposition through friends
>getting edgier, for example slipknot and the like
>then melodic death metal, and some scene things
>then deathcore, grind, grindcore and the like, but also more fun things like post-hardcore (both shitty and good)
>then from screamo to midwest emo, much more post hardcore and some 2009 /mu/-core intermixed
>next comes basically everything that sounds interesting; some ambient, some post-rock, more emo, some pop, and whatever
Now I primarily listen to japanese music for some reason.
I guess I just really like the sound of the language and the harmonic structures employed.
>>
>>74864896
>he thinks hipsters exist
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.