[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been jamming with my friend but I want to do better. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: mick barr.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mick barr.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
ive been jamming with my friend but I want to do better. I don't know any songs or scales or the names of chords, but outside of learning that what can I do to play better when im playing guitar and just making up random shit while he plays drums?
>>
>>74859130
Listen to more music
>>
>>74859130
Which instrument are you playing?
>>
>>74859195
guitar

>>74859192
i listen to music a lot already
>>
>>74859130

Just play. The more you play the better you will get.

Also- trying playing to your favorite music as that kind be fun and educational.
>>
>>74859233
>The more you play the better you will get.
so does this mean i will improve faster if I play as many notes as i can as fast as I can cause ill be playing more?
>>
>>74859130
Improvisers that don't know the foundations of music are like authors that never learned a formal language. You're just wanking gibberish. Stop being a lazy shit and put some actual effort into your music.
>>
>>74859130
>I don't know any songs
learn some songs
>or scales
learn some scales
>or the names of chords
learn the chords
>>
File: asshat.jpg (42KB, 312x385px) Image search: [Google]
asshat.jpg
42KB, 312x385px
>>74859246
being a cunt will not help you play better.
>>
>>74859246
>so does this mean i will improve faster if I play as many notes as i can as fast as I can cause ill be playing more?
Are you actually serious with this? I can't imagine an adult writing something like this and actually mean it.
>>
>>74859291
i wasnt trying to be a cunt it was a serious question

>>74859330
>Are you actually serious with this?
yes

it makes sense, you know that 10000 hour rule and all that, i just figure youll go faster if you pracice playing as fast as you can all the time and more notes
>>
>>74859353
This guy can't be serious

first off, 10K hour rule is made up - it's just complete fiction - http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/10000-hour-rule-not-real-180952410/

secondly, when playing an instrument, if you want to achieve any measure of accuracy over your notes, which is cursory to the beginnings of dynamics which follow it, then you will have to play things slowed way down. With way less notes.

The first thing you should do when trying to master a piece is play it as slowly as you can manage, and then increasing the tempo (via a metronome preferably) over time, eventually being able to play the piece at full tempo fluidly.
>>
>>74859424
meteronomes don't do jack shit they are a fucking meme. have you ever once seen a live guitarist use a meteronome? never, doesn't happen. fuck meteronomes
>>
>>74859130
You didn't say what kind of music you're trying to play. Look up songs by your influences and then use similar progressions or chord shapes to write your own.
>>
>>74859424
some teachers believe it's better to count out loud and develop natural timing than to use a metronome
>>
>>74859543
i like IDM mostly. been listening to a lot of hip hop lately. I like prog rock and math rock.
>>
>>74859515
have you heard of in ear click tracks you dickhole
>>
>>74859515
>meteronomes don't do jack shit they are a fucking meme. have you ever once seen a live guitarist use a meteronome? never, doesn't happen. fuck meteronomes
You are beyond saving. And how do you imagine humans playing at perfect time and perfect pitch? How would using a metronome live even work? You're not actually serious and I'm saying that as a compliment.
>>
>>74859619
Who says that? And why wouldn't you practise with a metronome? What's the problem?
>>
>>74859676
do you even into the purallity of talent? metronones destroy your creativity of rhythm.
>>
>>74859262
This is the best answer
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.