[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on prog rock. why is it so good while being so despised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: ZFhhSFV.jpg (706KB, 1015x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ZFhhSFV.jpg
706KB, 1015x1000px
redpill me on prog rock. why is it so good while being so despised among music fans?
>>
king crimson are shit, gentle giant are shit, genesis are shit, vdgg are shit, henry cow are shit, your favourite Italian prog band are really shit. fuck prog.
>>
>>74855252
t. Nu-male
>>
itds gay
>>
>>74855256
>liking bad music
>>
>>74855256

Not liking bands that play flutes and shit while singing about wizards is nu-male?
>>
>>74855285
why's it bad, oh master baiter?
>>
Literally the only place I've seen prog rock being shat on is and, unsurprisingly, this board is a den of numales
>>
nu-males dislike it because they think it's ""'"""soulless''"""'" and """emotionless""""' but they've only ever listened to dream theater
>>
>>74855437
and Radiohead
>>
>>74855256
>>74855424
>using "numale" unironically

Prog rock is beautiful, great and important genre and I agree that throwing shit on it takes place only on this board and it shouldn't be taken seriously at all. These people will cry in few years when they will discover perfection and importance of In The Court Of The Crimson King.
>>
File: neville.jpg (111KB, 709x804px) Image search: [Google]
neville.jpg
111KB, 709x804px
>>74855188
>Band acutally can play their instuments and write songs - prog
Pretentious circlejerkers

>Band has no idea what theyre doing but they do it anyway -punk
omg it's so honest 11/10
>>
>>74855437
Nah, most of those people have tried 3-4 of the staple albums and they just don't have the palate for it. They're usually the same sort of people who can't properly into jazz or classical either.
>>
No idea why people call Prog pretenious or unaccessable when every prog album I listen to I end up loving on first try. ITCOTKC was the album that got me into music in the first place.
>>
Listen to more prog
>>
>>74855762
Good advice, but he's done with prog.
>>
>>74855188
PROG IS FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>74855762
fuck off steve
>>
File: 1398904424590.jpg (43KB, 398x533px) Image search: [Google]
1398904424590.jpg
43KB, 398x533px
>>74855396
>he doesnt like flutes
o wow get a load of this faggot
>>
>>74855631
id rather to listen to the most barebones diy than shitty 20 minute songs about wizards that think they're the offspring of bach and beethoven
>>
>>74855252
>Doesn't like Goblin

WITCH
>>
>>74855188
It's very simple really. Punk was supposedly very against Prog, and being as all major rock music scenes and genres have derived from Punk, you're supposed to hate Prog. I say "supposedly very against Prog" because half Punks were probably listening to Wishbone Ash or King Crimson instead of whatever was on the radio.
>>
>>74855396
You just made Ian Anderson sad. Apologize.
>>
>>74856694
It never ends with you people. Just because many musicians who decided to make progressive rock were classically trained, that doesn't make progressive rock a movement in classical music. And you're implying that every genre of music besides classical music and jazz is worthless. Not a single rational musicologist would agree with that.
>>
>>74856787
>And you're implying that every genre of music besides classical music and jazz is worthless. Not a single rational musicologist would agree with that.

no i didnt you speccy cunt
>>
>>74856731
Not only that, but a good number of punk pioneers decided to play a genre of music very close to progressive rock in its intention and nature.
>>
>>74856731
most post-punk bands listened to krautrock not yes and king crimson dont kid yourself
>>
>>74856796
Great. But what's better than aggravating people even in good treads in these stages of the board? It has to get run into the ground somehow I guess.
>>
>>74856694
still better than 2:30 powerchord earrape fests about the society being shitty.
>>
>>74855188
I feel like most people don't really enjoy it because it's not the kind of music you can just half-listen to while doing something else, or you just won't get it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.