[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me crazy quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 59429163dadde7b939b51811 small.png (4MB, 1962x1962px) Image search: [Google]
59429163dadde7b939b51811 small.png
4MB, 1962x1962px
Wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me crazy quick listening to it this week. Hideaway is really the only track I'm finding hard to appreciate. Overall a pretty great addition to their discog.

Anyone else think Homme is increasingly suicidal, going off some of his lyrics in the last two albums?
>>
>radio rock
lmao
>>
>>74855158

What's wrong with the radio?
>>
>>74855153
Hideway is just a sexy, catchy tune. Not the best of the album for sure, but pretty decent. This album turned out to be way better than I initially expected, tracks like Domesticated Animals are going straight to QOTSA's best.
>>
Fortress is beautiful, man. I heard it's a song to his 11 year old daughter.
>>
Not a wicked big fan of QotSA, but I think this album's the bee's tits. Lots of personality and lots of guitar fun, and I just don't get a single thread of pretentiousness from it either. The thing everyone hates about bands that have been around a long time is that they either do the same thing so everyone's bored and uninspired, or they change and do something shit. QotSA managed to not do either of those things and it just werks.
>>
>>74855199
> tracks like Domesticated Animals are going straight to QOTSA's best.

Not really. Domesticated Animals is just a less good rewrite of I'm Designer.
>>
>>74855153
Same here. Somehow the cringe lyrics are the loudest, but when you listen to the rest it makes way more sense and actually feels brilliant.
This is Josh doing pop-music. I'm really fucking digging it.
>>
>>74855737
Also, I'm pretty sure the same vocal effects were used for Mikey's scream as for Oliveri's on stuff like Millionaire, because it's really hard to tell them apart.

"Tears of gold, drink them down. Dizzy dizzy dizzy we all fall down."
>>
I like korn I like slipknot I like linking park I like queens of the stones ages. Wahooooo Villains so goody best album ever.
This is all very consistent.
You are baby.
>>
>>74855826
we really need to build that wall
>>
>>74855636
>There's a slight similarity in subject, so it's the same
How does it feel to be so basic?
>>
un reborn again is one of the best songs theyve ever made
>>
>>74855744
It's not about the vocal effects. Mike has been doing that sort of screaming live since he joined QOTSA. His screams are very similar to Olivieri's.
>>
>>74855636
>>74855978
You guys are both wrong. Musically Domesticated Animals sounds slightly similar to I'm Designer. But they have a completely different subject and Domesticated Animals is simply objectively better.

I'm Designer is talking shit about people who sell out.

Domesticated Animals is talking shit about people who complain about their situation while ultimately doing nothing about it.
>>
File: 1419984997630.jpg (75KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1419984997630.jpg
75KB, 640x960px
>>74856153
>worst song on one of their worst albums
>one of the best songs theyve ever made
>>
>>74856539

It's such a good, relevant track.
>>
>>74856554
Domesticated Animals is my favourite track from Villains. It has a very relevant, though thinly veiled, political message to it while also being just a plain cool song in it's own right.
>>
File: Matty Mac.png (281KB, 445x549px) Image search: [Google]
Matty Mac.png
281KB, 445x549px
>>74856552
>one of their worst albums
>>
It's not nearly as good as ...Like Clockwork. Of course that's setting the bar unreasonably high. But I'd still put Villains in the upper-tier of QotSA's discography.

Un-Reborn Again is the only song I'm not fully into. But it's by no means a bad song. Just bad by QotSA standards.
>>
>>74856600
1. LC
2. LtP
3. SftD
4. QotSA
5. R
6. Villains
7. EV

Yeah it's one of their worst albums. Still a strong 8 though.
>>
It's an amazing thing to age with a band you love and have their music mature along with you.
>>
>>74856613
>R
>5
When does the school year start?
>>
>>74855153
It's pretty much what I expected, another solid addition to their already excellent discography. My only problem is that I wish it committed to it's dance-rock vibe a little more.

Unpopular opinion but my least favorite tracks here are Un-Reborn Again and The Evil Has Landed. Aside from being very repetitive, they feel like by the numbers QOTSA tracks and neither of them justify their length. I keep thinking back on tracks like "Fun Machine", "God is in The Radio", "I Appear Missing" and "Someone's in the Wolf" and how much they accomplish in their timeframe compared to how little "Reborn" and "Evil" do despite being around the same length as those other tracks.
>>
>>74856552
explain what makes it the worst song on villains when fortress and hideaway both exist?
>>
>>74856871
Fortress is a Foo Fighters song in disguise. I'll give you that one.

Hideaway is the sexiest song on the record. I really don't understand why people hate it so much.
>>
>>74855535
Fortress would be the best song but the lyrics are a bit cringey. If weren't for that, it'd be SOTY for me. Guitar licks remind me of In the Fade which is my favourite qotsa song.
>>
>>74856613
1. SftD
2. LC
3. R
4. LtP
5. Villains
6. EV
7. QotSA
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.