[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dude fuck normies >board is full of waifupop, radio-rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: no.png (533KB, 1301x666px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
533KB, 1301x666px
>dude fuck normies
>board is full of waifupop, radio-rock and shithop

Can we get some standards back here?

1. No music thats played on the radio and/or posted constantly on facebook should not be posted here.
>>
half the music on this board never gets neither airtime nor "facebook tier" u monkey
>>
>>74853804
>living in denial
>>
>>74853794
How would I even know? I don't ever use the radio or go on Facebook.
>>
>>74853864
same, the radio and facebook are literally not a part of my life in any respect (unless someone else is driving)
>>
>>74853794
2. We won't pretend that shit made after the 19th century isn't all on the same level.
>>
Here /mu/ have some hardcore patrician music
>less than 15 views
>better than Tim Hecker and Svarte Greiner, on the level of Akira Yamoaka
https://youtu.be/xj8GswV3IgI
>>
3. Fantano and Pitchfork threads are autoban
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>74853933
Ban ban ban
Autoban?
>>
0. USE THE FUCKING STICKY
1. No music thats played on the radio and/or posted constantly on facebook should be posted here.
2. We won't pretend that shit made after the 19th century isn't all on the same level.
3. Fantano and Pitchfork threads are autoban
>>
>>74853794
I agree, too many people have shit taste and they just fucking ignore the good stuff.
>>
>>74853913
Or prior to...
>>
>>74853971
*before the 19th century
I grew up on classical because it was all I was allowed to listen to. It's stale and barely emotive.
>>
>>74854092
>It's stale and barely emotive.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>74854092
Have a (you).
>>
the problem isn't with what people are listening to it's with their attitudes towards music and music discovery

maybe you could weed out some stinkers with that but you wouldn't touch the core problem
>>
File: 9904032_gal.jpg (21KB, 459x300px) Image search: [Google]
9904032_gal.jpg
21KB, 459x300px
>>74854099
Well it is. It's incredibly simplistic - something I cannot blame them for, I mean Bach had just come up with the revolutionary idea of playing more than one instrument at a time, so it took until the 1800s for music to gain intricacy.

It is either gentle and peaceful like a bubbling brook or noisy and overly dramatic like a thunderstorm. There is no fine emotion, no mixed emotion, no tiny touches to the composition that give it depth. It did the job back when people would hear music five times a decade, but the times have changed and such simplistic compositions have little appeal to the evolved music taste of the modern man. We play these compositions for our toddlers as nursery music, and in opera houses for the historical buff, but beyond that there is little of interest to be found in classical compositions.
>>
>>74854194
inorite, much better now with 4 chord guitar ditties and lyrics about >tfwngf
>>
>>74854220
You don't listen to many modern orchestral works, do you?

Compare two songs about death, the most emotional occurrence in life:

https://youtu.be/1c5NdMIW_M8

https://youtu.be/vu_nI4Kx7Ao
>>
>>74854273
oh, I thought you were comparing classical with indie-rock or something
>>
>>74854286
Of course not, I wouldn't insult classical so, even though I have grown out of most of it with age
>>
>>74854194
This is a strange conception of history
>>
>>74853794
>mainstream music is bad! blahh!!
>>
>>74854407
No one said that, fucking retard.
>>
>>74853794
This board is done for. What's left of this board isn't going to make a change for the better. The question is - where do we go to?
>>
>>74854325
>Of course not, I wouldn't insult classical so, even though I have grown out of most of it with age
If you're serious - do you actually consider all genres of music besides classical music and jazz worthless? That's not a rational statement and not a single sensible musicologist would agree with it. And how did you grow out of classical music exactly? We aren't talking about rap rock and pop punk here. Have you made it to Mahler and Wagner at least?
>>
>>74853794
It's useless, /mu/ is over. Want a simple proof? Look at how 95% of the good tripfags went away (probably realized how boring this place became).
The thing is, with boards like this, you can't know who you are talking to. You want to be around people who like daring alternative music, but this is not the right place. Here, you'll only find casual listeners coming from other boards (/metal/ was ruined by /pol/ tourists).
This is the first time I come here in a week and I'm fine. No need to have superficial talks about my hobby with complete strangers.
Just look at the answer you got, these people dont even see what's wrong with corporate music.
It used to be worth it to come here, but not anymore.
>>
>>74853794
can you add "no retarded metal shit" on the list?
>>
>>74853924
>less than 15 views
>better than Tim Hecker and Svarte Greiner, on the level of Akira Yamoaka
>this video is not available
fuck
>>
>>74853864
This. I like bands like QOTSA, I've gotten into Everything Everything, etc. and I see them posted HERE but I doubt they're getting bit airtime here (at least in Canada for the latter). I only have one real life friend and she's very normalfag; I sent her a link to the Get to Heaven album and she loved it and said "She'd never heard anything like it before", so I have to assume that it doesn't get too much press here.

If you're (OP) getting buttblasted by shit like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, etc. that's stupid since it's made for fucking 15 year old girls whose parents will buy them the skin creams and the concert tickets that their faces are attached to; they'll watch the award shows they're at, vote the way Beyonce tells them to when they're 18, etc. I only hear these artists if I'm in a restaurant or something and they're pumping the music in, but I'd have to assume that if Neutral Milk Hotel had the same affect they'd play that stuff too.
>>
>>74854628
Theres constantly Taylor, Kanye, Perry etc threads right here
>>
File: Lookathim.jpg (12KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
Lookathim.jpg
12KB, 321x321px
>>74854273
>>74854194
>Clint Mansell is an emotional visionary while Schubert was a total hack
Please tell me this is bait.
>>
>>74854521
No I'm actually quite eclectic, but I sort music on a cosmic scale in order of how it functions, from lowly mundanity to galactic grandiosity. Indie rock is the musical equivalent of a leaf, classical is the musical equivalent of a small european nation.

There are always exceptions to the rules of scale, but the rules are there as guideposts to let you know how deep and/or vast your musical selection will be.
>>
5. Ignore frogposters, sage frog threads
>>
board is being overkilled by XXXTentasion, Kanye (fine in small doses), T-Swift, QOTSA, Lil Pee, /mu/core was always lackluster but it progressively got shittier, etc. this has become the gathering place for pretentious normies to gossip about bland flavor of the month celebrities
>>
too many people listen to the same artists over and over again and treat their music tastes like fashion

actually digesting music is a fluid activity, you're constantly listening to new shit, saying fuck you to old shit.
>>
>>74854698
>No I'm actually quite eclectic, but I sort music on a cosmic scale in order of how it functions, from lowly mundanity to galactic grandiosity
I have a hard time taking you seriously with such statements. You're again implying, especially with such statements, that all other genres besides classical music and jazz are worthless.
>but the rules are there as guideposts to let you know how deep and/or vast your musical selection will be.
Are you implying that there are rules on how your personal music taste should be formed?
>>
>>74854194
>I mean Bach had just come up with the revolutionary idea of playing more than one instrument at a time
what
>>
>>74854749
>what
Bait.
>>
>>74854752
thats what I figured
>>
>>74854757
I'm not sure why I even bothered here:
>>74854747
>>
>>74854747
> that all other genres besides classical music and jazz are worthless.
It's either that or accepting that Katy Perry isn't worse than your favorite meme band.
>>
>>74854791
It's alright OP, it failed this time. I did bite, but others didn't.
>>
Official Proposal:

We split the board into 2 different /mu/s
One is for plebs (current state) which we'll call /mu/-lite, the other is for the oldhomos and patricians who are sick of the current state, which will stay as /mu/
>>
>>74854813
Great idea, only if we had mods on this board.
>>
>>74854812
OP here, I'm not him and I'm not arguing about the quality of 1 artist versus another, I just don't see the point of a high-traffic music board to talk about radio pop and rock when there is so much other music in the world.
>>
Thoughts and opinions on these?

>>74854275
>>
>>74854831
Related to you too:
>>74854825
Keep in mind that some users are bound to have moved on, especially since last month and the state of the board.
>>
>>74854831
So what? People usually talk about the stuff they like. If you want to talk about something obscure, you can simply make a thread about it, and obviously ignore the threads about mainstream stuff.
>>
>>74854860
That'd be fine if there were ever only one thread about the Billboard pop, even singular artists like Kanye, Taylor and XXXwhatever have multiple threads, but then >>74854825
>>
>>74854860
>and obviously ignore the threads about mainstream stuff
Have you been here since last month? This board has been ruined beyond repair. What's even the point of hiding threads you don't like when those threads make up 99% of the catalog? No one is encouraged or willing to start threads and genuinely discuss music anymore.
>>
>>74854896
what happened last month?
>>
>>74854896
It was always the case, the only thing that seems different after years is the amount of frogposters and the likes, and of course /pol/aks escaping their contamination zone.

Rules about not making 5 threads about the same artist would be nice but without mods ... not much one can do.
>>
>>74854911
Excessive amounts of bait threads or otherwise worthless threads, potential marketing team selling strategies, PR stunts, celebrity gossip tier threads and above all - the attitude of getting to be a jerk online for free is more prevalent than ever.
>>
>start threads about different music
>no one replies
>>
>>74853794
what do you listen to faggot i want to play it on the radio so you kill yourself
>>
>>74855243
t. XXXtenasation
>>
Every thread about Taylor gets to bump limit and threads like this:
>>74843955
(doesn't even related to music) gets tons of replies. The state of /mu/ right now is in the toilet. But you can't do nothing about it because in the end it's the people here-the people here don't care about non popular music, the people here will keep replying to /pol/ baits etc. Every once in a while there is a good thread (right now there is a good punk thread) but 1 thread is good and almost all the rest are shit/generals.

>>74854985
this is the worse. This can be a great way for people to discover and get into new genres. But no one cares.
>>
>>74853794
Bring back elitism
It's worrying seeing people unironically defend shit music and not get shat on by everyone
>>
>>74856265
unironically this :(
>>
OP here, I've made 3 threads today.

This one with 59 replies
This >>74854916 with 35 replies

And one other actual music thread with 2 replies, can you guess which one?
>>
>>74853794
>music isn't good if it's popular
The calssic hipster fallacy
>>
>>74856265
You will need some actually knowledgeable but likeable enough dedicated autistic tripfags on the clock like Btrl, CLT and the others used to be.
And an /a/-tier userbase of the most sharp and purist no-life assholes the internet has ever seen, doing self moderation and a board culture to rival Tolkien's lore.
Pure unadulterated autism like Ame will only get you filtered and ignored, and meta-whining is reddit/youtube comment section bullshit that goes nowhere.
>>
>>74856376
Do you think CLT will come back if we pay him
I can start a collection
>>
>>74856394
He did it out of spite.
This kind of shit can't be bought.
>>
>>74856375
No one said that you fucking retard.
>>
don't bother /mu/ is serving two masters. they wanna be hipsters but also be normies.
>>
>>74856456
That's exactly what the op said. We talk about good music here. It would be stupid to exclude talking about music just because it's popular. He also called it shit and said we needed standards. Learn to read phag
>>
>>74856540
>. We talk about good music here.
no we don't.
show me examples
>>
>>74856540
Still didn't call any type of music shit you fucking retard.
>>
>>74854747
No, not at all. They're not worthless. Every musical piece has value.

I use the cosmic scale to find music for how I want to currently feel. Do I want to feel like I'm standing in an Iowan wheat field? Indie folk it is.

Do I want to feel like I am witnessing the colossal death of all life on a planet as it falls into the sun? Orchestral it is.

It's all based on the level of humanity I currently feel like assuming.

I don't mean rule as in law, I mean it in the geometrical sense, like a guideline or a shown path. Doesn't mean it has to follow that path, it can do whatever it likes, but the guideline is there to help categorize it easier.
>>
>>74854601
/thread
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.