[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck has time to listen to an entire album start to finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 00.jpg (4KB, 280x157px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
4KB, 280x157px
Who the fuck has time to listen to an entire album start to finish in a single sitting? Get a fucking life losers.
>>
Who the fuck has time to cook a nice meal when you can just shovel Cheetos into your mouth? Get a fucking life losers
>>
File: 1503873205516s.jpg (10KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1503873205516s.jpg
10KB, 250x248px
>log into mu
>leave album on in the background while shitposting
>>
>>74852730
Does your job not allow you to listen to music?
>>
>>74852859
yeah it does.
>>
>>74852875
...So why don't you listen to music then?
>>
>>74852759
the real problem is if you read about music while you listen to music you end up with an impossible backlog, forcing you to read about music while listening to music more, creating even more of a backlog, until death
>>
>>74852884
i do?
>>
File: 1425434822541.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1425434822541.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
Who the fuck has time to watch an entire movie in a single sitting? Get a fucking IMDb plot summary losers.
>>
>>74852884
Lacks the braincells to listen to more than 2 songs of one artist before "getting bored lol"
>>
>>74852730
Generally the longest albums I listen to in one sitting are around 4 hours long, after that, I agree you'd have to be a loser

But so far I've listened to over 4500 different albums at least once in full for a single sitting (and many I've done so dozens if not over a hundred times)
>>
>>74852904
dude im gonna listen to 50 songs by the same band haha !
>>
>>74852912
bro the average album is like 8-12 tracks or 40-60 minutes xD !
>>
>>74852898
Now this one I can agree with, movies are often too long for one sitting because they require you to turn your brain off and remain stationary while with music you can do other things
>>
>>74852924
literally no fucking album has more than 3-4 actua good songs
>>
>>74852904
I get what you mean, but personally because my work is such a continuous time commitment, I can atleast go through an album without being too aware of it, somewhat like background noise. I do get bored, so if I'm listening to a shoegaze album, the next might be rap, or jazz, or orchestral, basically the furthest thing from the last album I listened to last.
>>
>>74852931
>movies are often too long for one sitting because they require you to turn your brain off
Time to start watching something other than superhero movies.
>>
File: 1381902169251.gif (694KB, 160x123px) Image search: [Google]
1381902169251.gif
694KB, 160x123px
>>74852931
>doing other things while "listening" to music
you disgusting piece of shit
>>
File: 1439811217079.jpg (37KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
1439811217079.jpg
37KB, 379x503px
>>74852938
You might as well be listening to the top 40s on the radios in that case holy shit
>>
>>74852938
You've listened to almost every piece of recorded music apparently. How does it feel?
>>
>>74852895
I can't imagine being such a massive dweeb that I would actually have a concrete backlog instead of some nebulous desire to seek out more material from a particular artist / band. Wow.
>>
>>74852973
i do listen to the radio?
>>
>>74852912
>>
>>74852931
>with music you can do other things
the current state of /mu/
>>
>>74852938
you shouldn't be here
>>
>>74852955
I don't generally watch movies and haven't since I was a teenager and I thought it was normal as a form of collective escapism, movies do generally require you to turn your brain toward absorbing someone else's ideas rather than think for yourself

I find myself thinking too actively to just watch films but I can enjoy one every now and then, I think the last movie I watched that got me genuinely excited was like Oldboy or something
>>
>>74853019
youre right, i actually have better things to do than post on a shitty music board
>>
>>74852985
It's mostly artists I haven't listened to enough music by to remember their names off the top of my head, with a spattering of upcoming releases in case i forget when the release dates are. I keep 'em in a text file
>>
>>74852938
Ah, there it is. Say no more. You've wandered onto the wrong board friendo.
>>
>>74852999
If music is just a passive hobby for you, then sure, you can just listen to music, but if it's something you actively enjoy listening to, you can do other things, like I am doing right now (shitposting here and listening to music but generally it is reading and listening to music)

For at least ten years now I have almost always been listening to music when allowed (stopping only for things like some classes in school or for most days at my job)...to only listen to music would have turned me to a vegetable but to stop listening to music drives me insane so I listen to music while I do other things (if I don't listen to music, I have to listen to something else like podcasts, some videos in the background or whatever)
>>
>>74853090
>Claims he actively listens to music
>Shitposts while doing it
You're not any better either.
>>
>>74853064
I do something like this too (but more autistic), I keep a list of every artist I've ever listened to, note whether or not they have any other work I want to listen to so I can get to it later and then have about a dozen lists of different themes to organize artists I'd like to listen to in the future (and then I also just accumulate recs and shit as each day passes that get a special list if they catch my interest that means I will listen to them immediately whereas stuff on my other lists can literally be on there for years before I get to it)
>>
>>74853046
What's wrong with absorbing someone else's ideas? It's not like every movie is a propaganda. Collective escapism isn't bad in all cases. If you're watching superhero movies and romantic comedies for example, that's where the problem lies. Again, what's wrong with thinking actively? Oldboy is a fresh movie to western audiences, so why wouldn't you actively think about such movies?
>>
>>74853109
I specifically said that's not what I do, the other pretentious people claim you need to actively listen as in doing nothing else, and I said, I always need to be listening to stuff and have been for many years

I have mental health stuff though so maybe that's why I need to listen to stuff all the time, but nobody who listens to a lot of music does it without doing anything else, you'd just end up a living vegetable...actively listening to music would mean no reading, no eating, no physical activity, no opening your eyes, etc.

It's something to do every now and then but not something to do every time you listen to music
>>
>>74852938
haha
>>
/mu/ overemphasizes the importance of albums
>>
>>74853169
Listening to music isn't the same as a demanding physical job that you wouldn't like to go to multiple times. Not opening your eyes is taking it too far. Since when was that a "requirement"? You can end up as a living vegetable after a stroke for example, not after listening to "too much music".
>>
>>74853182
In what way? Album format means nothing for classical music for example. If you're talking about the current user base of /mu/, it's clear that no one listens to albums.
>>
>>74853160
I am theoretically open to watching more films but generally, they don't turn out to be worth the time, maybe it is just because people give bad recs and they are propaganda

I would like to be able to watch films but often the length is just a turn-off after so many years of rarely watching movies because I feel weird committing so much time to something that may turn out to suck but I would feel like without watching the whole thing, I can't really judge it overall, I don't like feeling like I'm forcing myself to keep watching something

Since I was a kid, I've generally been reading all the time and I think it's just a much better medium for being able to reach a good break and putting it aside to come back to later, you're not expected to consume it all in one go and can think in between
>>
>>74853182
except for /bleep/
>>
>>74853128
you can use rym for most of that. i used to go with last.fm in its prime but that was a damn long time ago
>>
>>74853237
We must have a lot of hypocrites here then
>>
>>74853210
But that is what people mean when they talk about active listening, closing your eyes is in fact exactly what's required because visual and auditory experiences being combined is film, not music

I'm saying if you actively listened to music every time you listened to music, you have to listen to a very finite amount of music because a person can't live off of taking huge parts of every day lying down somewhere, closing their eyes and just listening to stuff

I'm saying you can't criticize someone for not listening to music actively at all times unless you also think people who listen to a lot of music are wrong, in which case, that's fine, but then you're being a purist about the way music is absorbed and aren't actually interested in exploring music as a general listener
>>
>>74853263
I miss last.fm's recs, I know I could use some of those services to do that properly, but I prefer the general vagueness of my lists because it makes me feel less constrained in what I'll listen to next...it means I will always have thousands of things I want to listen to, to choose from but it also means I can say fuck it all and go find something I've never heard of

I get exhausted if I'm too specific in what I listen to next and end up in ruts like listening to too many things from the same genre all at once and getting bored, that sort of thing
>>
>>74853280
I don't particularly care how people listen to music, especially casual listeners. It's not even listening at that point, it's a pleasant background noise.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.