[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>artist doesn't physically release album and expects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4641.jpg (17KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4641.jpg
17KB, 250x241px
>artist doesn't physically release album and expects me to pay for it

Yeah, nah
>>
File: IMG_5045.gif (932KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5045.gif
932KB, 258x258px
>>74849839
>artist only releases their music online and in a limited run of 50 cassettes.
>>
Tidal is some bullshit.
>>
>>74849839
quit being a little bitch and buy the music, especially if it's an indie artist
>>
>>74849880
>buying a digital file in 2017
>>
>>74849872
Use discogs
>>74849875
>>74849880
Streaming is for normies who don't care about music quality
>>
>2017
>Artist gets upset that no one is buying their music online
>Fails to realize that touring and merchandise is the only way that artists make only these days
>>
>>74849915
>What is downloading music
Congratulations, you're retarded
>>
>>74849880
why buy it when its literally sitting there for free
>>
>>74850007
Not this again.
>>
File: 148460791684.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
148460791684.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>74850042
Yeah i know, what kind of idiot would try to promote communism in the 2010s, i guess it just satire/fiction, entretaiment, like the Death Metal band Cannibal Corpse, where they talk about raping dead bodies and other horrible things..
What other dumb ideas musician have?
>>
>>74850140
Damn...u just refuted zizek. The United States is proof capitalism is so successful
>>
>>74850035
YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR
>>
>>74850035
you sound poor
>>
>>74850007
i hate capitalism but i still work a job and buy things i need to live... doesnt mean is support it as a system....
>>
>>74850007
you can't escape capitalism that's why people hate it you big salty walnut
>>
>>74850546
>Escape to what?
No idea I'm not a communist or whatever I'm just saying if someone participates in capitalism while also denouncing it, it doesn't make them a hypocrite or anything because they don't have much choice.
>>
>>74849839
>artist releases album on limited edition vinyl only
>gets pissed when some company makes a bootleg
>>
>>74849880
Yeah there's literally no point to buy digital music files when youtube/spotify/itunes/pirating exists

purchasing the physical copy gives a reason to actually buy it

t. idiot that spent about $100+ on digital files from itunes before realizing how retarded the concept was
>>
>buy single off of iTunes
>pirate a FLAC copy just for the higher quality
>>
>>74849839

I fucking hate that, especially when you get really excited about some new album and decide you need a copy. Then you look it up and it's a $15 folder of mp3s. Like shit, I enjoy your music but get some sense of perspective, I already have your damn mp3s. Everyone who wants them does.

>>74849880

>quit being a little bitch and cater to people delusional enough to think this is still a reasonable business model

C'mon, don't be an idiot. It sucks that the industry is failing and small artists are struggling but that's a bigger issue than we can fix. It doesn't mean we have to start pretending we can't easily get anything we want.
>>
>>74850007
fuck off with your politics
>>
>>74849839
Music is metaphysical dummy.
>>
>>74853081

Technically it's perceptual, but also arguably very physical since it's the specific perception of physical waves.
>>
>>74849839

It hurts extra-bad when my favorite group is Autechre, I've been collecting CD (read: actually authoritative) copies for years, and they seem to be firmly turning away from physical releases altogether.

"The product is not the physical object, but the FLACs". In this, my favorite group are simply wrong. The physical object is irreplaceable. I even hear that Elseq is great but I simply haven't been because I just can't be fucked to either pirate or pay. Give me a god-damned CD.
>>
>>74853528
Thanks Einstein.
Physical music in a bottle.
Rub one out.
You are the genie.
>>
>>74849839
What if someone spent an entire evening to get a hold of some mp3 files he could just have bought for one dollar, hypothetically?
>>
>>74850728
>t. idiot that spent about $100+ on digital files from itunes before realizing how retarded the concept was

Damn i did this a couple months ago in the span of less than a week. Really dumb
>>
you can burn the flac on cd lol
>>
Wait, so why is it bad to buy digital again? When the artist can get a bigger cut from not spending on manufacturing CDs/vinyl?
>>
>>74853572
I know what you mean. I actually bought elseq in mp3 quality when it came out. Now I want it in FLAC but the site won't give me a discount for the FLAC version, which is close to 50 bucks. Also, I just, from purchasing FLAC files on bleep, realized that if I had bought it in FLAC, I could've selected mp3s and FLAC to download from their site, if you buy the FLAC, you can also dl the mp3s. I own most autechre albums on cd, so now I just rip them in flac where as before I was ripping everything in mp3. I don't need to pay for an upgrade to FLAC with most albums because i have an extensive cd collection. If I had bought everything from itunes, I'd be stuck with their lossy format and now that better qualities are available, have to buy it again to get better quality.
>>
>>74849965
You have to have some semblance of popularity in order to make any money from touring or merchandise.
>>
>buying CDs
>it's just duplicated digital files
>>
>>74852170
this desu
>>
File: R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>74849839
>artist doesnt release album in 10 years

Idk man as long as the artist is top quality id pay.
>>
>>74849839
>game company doesn't release physical copies of their games and expect me to not pirate them
yeah, no, fuck you capcom, localize DGS
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.