[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?? I usually like her songs because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: It sucks.jpg (48KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
It sucks.jpg
48KB, 750x422px
What went wrong??

I usually like her songs because it's catchy, but this new one there's something off. I feel like you are waiting for the chorus to start the good beat but it never comes and it's just fucking trash. Even after giving the song a chance and listening to it a few times, i ended up hating it more.
>>
>>74848032
The production on the vocals I dont like

Maybe im a sucker for reverb drenched vocals
>>
It made me appreciate homosex music more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ
>>
>>74848032
What do you expect? Its a painfully obvious attempt to pick up the pieces of a phase of her carreer she naively exited. On top of that her music doesnt even matter anymore, shes a tabloid figure foremost and a musician on the side.
>>
I love the track, it's by far one of her most engaging tracks with how much subtle variation there is. That being said, I can see the usual Taylor fans really dislike that chorus because it has such a cold, technoesque feel to it. But I think it works perfectly with the verses and bridge/build ups that are warmer, more acoustic with the chorus being kinda cold. It's a pretty nifty way to do the Jekyll/Hyde thing they are trying to show with her.
>>
>>74848121
Im convinced her team is everywhere on the net shilling for her after reading posts like this
>>
>>74848032
>chorus
>"good beat"
fuck off pleb
>>
>>74848121
I actually don't mind the verses after listening to it a couple of times because in her past songs, it usually build up to a catchy chorus. But this one is totally the opposite and i really dislike that. There's not a single thing that i end up singing after it.

I think you are right that most of the core fans don't really like it but someone who never listen to her songs might actually like it.
>>
https://youtu.be/YKmwrL_ReIE
>>
>>74848032
It literally just sounds like a popular highschool girl who had a bad rumor spread around her, and now she thinks she's the baddest bitch in the school.

I was a fan of it up until I heard the cringeworthy lyrics.
>>
>>74848121
This. It's literally one of her best tracks IMO but I only started caring about her since 1989. The fact that she barely sings on it is great too since pure singing isn't her strength.

>>74848342
>high-school girl with self awareness
Yeah, no. She's just commenting on the media circus that surrounds her and makes fun of it all.
>>
>>74848259
>muh shill
Fuck you faggot. I can't stand her music, and only clicked on the track for shits/giggles to see how bad it is.
>>74848275
This is probably why I do like it because I really don't like her other stuff which is far more straightforward. I suggest following the lyrics and the narrative being formed.
>>
File: TS.jpg (931KB, 1548x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TS.jpg
931KB, 1548x1024px
"I'm sorry...the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, 'cause she's..."
>>
Why are you guys talking about Taylor Swift as if she's a serious artist?
>>
>>74848121well said
>>
>>74848583
DEAD
>>
>>74848813
If we can analyze shallow crap like that Nick Cave album from last year, I am sure we can discuss this track which has a lot more to it than anything on that album as well. Just because something's radio pop doesn't make it unworthy of discussion.
>>
If the chorus wasn't shit and there wasn't the stupid line about the old taylor being dead near the end it'd be a passable song, but those two things pretty much ruin it for me. Mostly the chorus since the dead taylor line is a nitpick.
>>
>>74848813
Poptimism and the culture industry won.
>>
Dammit. It just had to go to the chorus didnt it...It was awesome and then it turned for the worst
>>
>>74848583
>>74848992
This was so awful, it ruined any redeeming qualities the song may have had.
>>
>>74848813

She's far more serious of an artist than your favourite band, faggot.
>>
>>74850876
>band
>>
>>74851146
you can have a one-man band
>>
>>74848032
VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING
>>
File: 69f.jpg (14KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
69f.jpg
14KB, 354x286px
>>74848032
Aww hell yeah that's my jam
OH
LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO
LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO
LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO
LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME
>>
>>74848032

Song is amazing desu
>>
I can't imagine anyone who's not in taytay's marketing team and posts these threads at the same time
>>
>>74852897
Then you're imagination is extremely limited and you generally might be a bit dumb. She's one of the biggest artists these days, is it really so unthinkable that some out of the millions of fans would've browse a popular site?
>>
>>74852951
Well it's an expression. I can certainly imagine it
>>
imo taylor was at a career high point where she had the money and status to go literally ANY musical direction after 1989, in the process even potentially creating new trends. She was one of few people in the industry with that unique position. Unfortunately she went in literally the worst direction possible and her single is generic, trend chasing, gimmicky, badly written, and awkward. I'm actually a fan of Red/1989, and I've seen some interviews with her where she demonstrates a real commitment to her songwriting. I dunno if that really shines through in this song. Hoping the album is good, but....
>>
>>74848510
>high-school girl with self awareness
>Yeah, no. She's just commenting on the media circus that surrounds her and makes fun of it all.
We're not talking about PiL or Zappa here.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.