[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a Scott Walker thread. How did you get into him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0838.jpg (59KB, 433x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0838.jpg
59KB, 433x433px
Let's have a Scott Walker thread. How did you get into him? What's your favorite work of his?
>>
>How did you get into him?
Bish Bosch

>What's your favourite work of his?
Bish Bosch
>>
Honestly, got into him when Soused came out. Then I listened to his recent solo stuff. Don't know why it took me so long to listen to him.
>>
File: deadlier_than_the_male.jpg (595KB, 800x1088px) Image search: [Google]
deadlier_than_the_male.jpg
595KB, 800x1088px
>>74846579
>How did you get into him?
I heard a song of his in some old movie that I happened to watch on TV one night. (Pic related)
>What's your favorite work of his?
I haven't listened to everything he's done yet, but I'm loving Scott 4 and Tilt so far.
>>
>>74846579
love his baroque pop stuff. ill eventually move on to his more experimental albums.
>>
What's a good album to start with? Anything that sounds like Pet Sounds?
>>
> How did you get into him?
Someone posted a scott walker song. I then went on to RYM
> What's your favorite work of his?
Scott 4 - one of the greatest singer songwriter albums. Duchess is one of the most beautiful songs of all time.
>>
Is it just me or does his voice split off at some point and sound like a completely different person? Also Bish Bosch gave me nightmares. I worry that he is a troubled man.
>>
>>74846579
Bish Bosch is wonderfully strange and demented, but The Drift is probably my favorite of his experimental stuff.
>>74847227
>Also Bish Bosch gave me nightmares.
really?
>>
>>74846579
Came across The Old Man's Back Again as part of Air's Late Night Tales contribution (which btw is one of the hands-down coolest compilation albums ever.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVbf9d-Hm0&list=PLB13A33915B56B733

Been hooked on him ever since. Particularly Scott 4.
>>
>>74847289
Yes. I went from Scott 4 to Bish Bosch and it was a terrifying experience. I woke up that night with a cold sweat.
>>
I feel like Scott 4 is one of those albums that will only gets better as you get older, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>74846579
i got into him from google searching "disturbing music" and finding a list that had clara and jesse on it.

my favorite is either your pic or The Drift
>>
>>74847227
if he's troubled he's very good at hiding it. he always seems extremely pleasant. i watched some interviews while he was making the drift.

i think it's more that he's old. i would say he's haunted by the events in his life more than genuinely troubled. he has very dark things in his mind, and he knows how to capture the darkness and give form to it.
>>
Anybody have a download link to his discography? I really want to hear Scott 3
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.